• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedmax, easibed, nedzbedz, ideas?

Any horsey or bunny people think that any of these shavings would be suitable rabbit and guinea pig hutches?

Ive always used straw for the horses, ive used bedmax once or twice but i dont really know what wood it is, so i dont know if its suitable for the furries.

The reason im asking is because i buy large bales of shavings and my local farm shop sells bedmax and easi bed for a lot less than the normal dust extracted shavings.

I would test them, but i can only get them in large bales, so if they are no good then im left with huge bales that i cant use. :roll:

I've just bought this flax bedding (Hippofan) http://www.hippofan.com/paarden/content.asp?Pag=4&pnav=;2; to try on recommendation from some other knowledgeable folks. Cheaper than Aubiose. Have also used Bed 'O' Linum which is linen too.

Let me know how it goes!

Although id really like to use one of the above, as they always have it in stock, ive never heard of hippofan or bed o linum, i dont think it will be very easy to get hold of up here.

I've used Easibed before, for rabbit litter trays, but I decided against it for the guinea pig cages. It has quite a woody smell to it, from memory.

I'd love to try that flax stuff, if only I could get it locally.

I use megasorb... be interesting to hear of any other horsey beddings that are suitable.

Yeah, i was thinking about that but the farm shop near me doesnt stock it and its a 20 minute drive is too much hassle for my dad to go to stokesley! :roll:

Its not a problem really, was just wondering if i could have myself a few quid.

Back