• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beatrix died Wed early afternoon; initial PM findings post 86

I still can't quite believe she actually died. It's like this, isn't it?

And she won't be coming back, with her lovely oversized furry back paws like Disney Thumper, her filmstar eyelashes, mania for eating basil, constant, abandoned binkying, gorgeous twitchy nose and random bouts of elusiveness.

so sorry for your loss.

I understand so wel the disbelief you are feeling of losing a bunny that was so vibrant and had so much to live for, to have gone downhill and gone within a matter of days. I've lost 2 in consecutive years (2009 and 2010) at about 8 months old and there was not a damn thing I could have done more to save them, they are so incredibly fragile.

Thinking of you at this time and hoping the PM gives you answers. All I can say, having been through the mill a few times - bunnies are so worth the heartbreak and I never want to be without them if this is the price you have to pay for having these beautiful creatures in your life then so it has to be.

Last edited:
Yes, she didn't grow up for them to have the run of the house together full time after they were both spayed. She didn't even get to see all the seasons of the year, or to go outside and explore in the spring and summer.

She always seemed the stronger and healthier of the two which makes it more shocking. She'd recovered from her first bout of diarrhoea by the time we got home from the vets, she only ever sneezed occasionally, and she was running around and eating after her GA for tests, like you'd never know she'd had it. I thought she was a tough little bunny but it's like she just gave up :(

so sorry for your loss.

I understand so wel the disbelief you are feeling of losing a bunny that was so vibrant and had so much to live for, to have gone downhill and gone within a matter of days. I've lost 2 in consecutive years (2009 and 2010) at about 8 months old and there was not a damn thing I could have done more to save them, they are so incredibly fragile.

Thinking of you at this time and hoping the PM gives you answers. All I can say, having been through the mill a few times - bunnies are so worth the heartbreak and I never want to be without them if this is the price you have to pay for having these beautiful creatures in your life then so it has to be.

That's lovely. Thank you.

And I am sorry about these lovely lively young bunnies you lost too. It is shocking. :(

I'm so sorry :cry:
All animals are heartbreaking. And it's always the strongest that seem to hurt the most. Because, like you say, it's always so unexpected. You think they're fine and that nothing could possibly happen to them and then one day, it happens and it's the worst thing in the whole world and it feels like your whole perspective on life comes tumbling down around you.
I'm so sorry about Beatrix :( Binky free beautiful bunny xoxoxoxoxoxo

If I had perceived her as more fragile, I probably would have taken her back to be admitted on Monday evening before the main vets closed. When she was hospitalised I thought she was likely to pull through. But she was more delicate than that. :(

They have just phoned about the PM.

They didn't find much, just some minor changes to the heart, and the colon was slightly inflamed. They have taken tissue samples and swabs which are being sent off for analysis.

Back