• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bea & Henry - A happy ending :)

Was Henry a House Rabbit before coming to you ? Rabbits who are used to living outside often find the smell of cooking to be alarming, especially if the food is meat xx

This^ Mimzy always hated it when I cooked, even before he was allowed space in the kitchen after his tilt. And Fiver will be driven to distraction by noises I can't hear. We determined awhile ago that he was probably sensing the presence of the wildie bunnies who lived underneath our house up north.

Of course if you're eating something that they think you should be sharing too, that might cause some discord. ;)

And that he came from a hoarding situation...well...he may just be a jumpy and nervous bunny then. I can't imagine what these precious bubs must go through in such a life. :(

Hoping and praying for more peace between Henry and Bea and that they will be the happiest of couples. :love: xxxx

He's a very nervous bunny. He's definitely not used to human contact but we've seen a lot of improvement already :)
Bea has just had the hiccups (at least that's what I think they are, I've posted a video in health) and they are having a cuddle now.

Apparently they have been cuddling and flopping next to eachother more since it's been made bigger. I've told him that he needs to be patient now and leave it alone. It's about 7ft x 3ft now so it's not a lot bigger but still :censored:

Apparently they have been cuddling and flopping next to eachother more since it's been made bigger. I've told him that he needs to be patient now and leave it alone. It's about 7ft x 3ft now so it's not a lot bigger but still :censored:

:shock:

Hope everything is OK overnight xx

We've taken it in turns sleeping on the sofa all week :roll: I've told him he's doing it for the rest of the week :lol: To be honest they have been great tonight. X

Still doing great :)
Bea has decided that she isn't close enough when she flops next to him so she has decided to start flopping on top of him instead :roll:

My o/h just isn't getting the message. He keeps changing things when I'm not at home :/
Today he added the hide into the pen. It probably smells very strongly of Bea and originally it was Billy's so it probably smells like him too.
There doesn't seem to be any problems so far but I wish that he would just slow down and stop taking unnecessary chances. I keep telling him but he isn't listening. I duno, maybe I'm being unreasonable?
Anyway, opinion on having things in the bonding pen seems to differ. Some info says keep it empty except for a litter tray and a water bowl and others state that you should give them a box or some sort of hide.
Any opinions on this?
X

My o/h just isn't getting the message. He keeps changing things when I'm not at home :/
Today he added the hide into the pen. It probably smells very strongly of Bea and originally it was Billy's so it probably smells like him too.
There doesn't seem to be any problems so far but I wish that he would just slow down and stop taking unnecessary chances. I keep telling him but he isn't listening. I duno, maybe I'm being unreasonable?
Anyway, opinion on having things in the bonding pen seems to differ. Some info says keep it empty except for a litter tray and a water bowl and others state that you should give them a box or some sort of hide.
Any opinions on this?
X

I tend to vary it. Being in a small pen with someone who isn't quite your friend yet can be boring. To stop rabbits continually wondering when and how they are going to get out, I sometimes put a box in, then take it out if it polarises things too much.

I hope your OH will cope with the fallout (if there is any!) of moving stuff too fast!

Any opinions on this?
X

If its working I'd say don't worry. I think hides just need 2 entrance / exit so the dominant bunny doesn't trap / corner the other. I personally think introducing something of Beas is a good test ...it could have sent things off one one but it didn;t. My three took ages to bond & although Joey is top bunny Boo is the bossy bunny. They'd been stable for weeks & as OH was away I decided to sleep on the sofa to see more of the bunnies, as soon as I bought the quilt down Boo went nuts at Mouse & I can only think it must have been the smell :)lol: in my defence Boo has a nose like a whippet & I do change the bedding weekly). Upstairs was Boos domain, Joey & Mouse were free to go upstairs but only Boo did, she'd not join the others downstairs til it got light but stay guarding us :love: I digress. I can kind of identify with your OH as opinions are mixed online & he isn't getting the direct advice you are ...& it does feel mean confining them though I totally get why. I had a week in small space with my 3 after which Joe escaped & I've never seen so many binkies (from Boo too)

Well... I'm on the sofa tonight but I've told him that we are swapping if anything happens.
In all fairness Henry seems happier. I thought he may hide from us if a hide was put he isn't. He's also jumped up. I'll post a photo :)

308kw2g.png

Back