• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

banana for bunnies

oops :s
i shall cut back then and only give little amounts.
feel really stupid now :oops:

Don't feel stupid I used to give my bunnies a whole bunch of carrots at a time (yes the whole pack) and a whole apple every second day. Three of my bunnies never put on weight but Sunshine is a big boy so I don't anymore. I learnt all this from RU.:wave:

Don't feel stupid I used to give my bunnies a whole bunch of carrots at a time (yes the whole pack) and a whole apple every second day. Three of my bunnies never put on weight but Sunshine is a big boy so I don't anymore. I learnt all this from RU.:wave:

glad to see it's not just me :lol:

im very glad i found this forum, because i really thought i had done my research well. when i got here, i realised that there were a lot of things i needed to change. am glad, because snowball is happier for it :)

If I'm having a banana I just sometimes give Bramble a little piece of the end. He loves it, and it makes his bottom twitch! :lol:

that sounds like a sensible idea to be fair.
i'd struggle with that, my son is always sneaking snowball bits of fruit when he thinks i can't see him :lol:

If your rabbit poos are all right no harm has been done. You've been giving him a lot of banana but I think the worst that can happen is that he gets quite fatty!
Other kinds of fruit have higher water content and low fibers, so they could cause sticky poos. Moderation is always best.
Did you try healthy treats such as dandelion leaves? You can find them dried in pet shops or dry them yourself for the winter. My buns love them.

I like the little pic too :wave:

Don't feel guilty, we all live and learn. It's quite hard looking after bunnies, there is SO much, I'm sure I learn something new everyday.

I like the little pic too :wave:

Don't feel guilty, we all live and learn. It's quite hard looking after bunnies, there is SO much, I'm sure I learn something new everyday.

aw thank you :)
glad it's not just me who struggled in the beginning
i think i learn something new every day too

it's quite scary really, i did what i thought was a lot of research and it was nowhere near enough. didn't realise until after i brought him home how much my knowledge was lacking!

I know we had talked about my wee girl sneaking the buns some banana but I need to keep a close eye on it to make sure it's not overdone! Seems like the rules for them are the same as us - if it tastes really, really good it must be bad for you!:lol:

I know we had talked about my wee girl sneaking the buns some banana but I need to keep a close eye on it to make sure it's not overdone! Seems like the rules for them are the same as us - if it tastes really, really good it must be bad for you!:lol:

we did indeed. it made me chuckle when you told me
i have the same problem with my son and fruit. and any other food really. caught him trying to feed him a sandwich the other day :roll: :D

haha, i agree with this. anything that tastes great is bound to be bad for you :D

aw thank you :)
glad it's not just me who struggled in the beginning
i think i learn something new every day too

it's quite scary really, i did what i thought was a lot of research and it was nowhere near enough. didn't realise until after i brought him home how much my knowledge was lacking!

I've not had Jenson long so I'm always worry that I'm going to mess up. He keeps messing up the mat in his cage and I'm constantly clearing up bits of "mat" and worrying that he'll eat some!

Mine had banana this morning but havent had it ages. They have half a banana between 4 of them so not much each

aww bless, i am sure you are doing a fantastic job for jenson.
it's being willing to learn and adapt that makes a good bunny mum :)

aw bet they enjoyed that kath :)

Ours do the bun twitching too when they have nana :) Ronnie and Lola love banana, Lottie cant have it as she gets a bad bum :( Things like banana are good for tempting poorly buns to eat, its good to know if your buns like it or not. xx

what's all this bum twitch malarkey that everyone else's buns seem to do? Beau has never done this :(

I think with some buns it's hard to tell. My buns with markings (ie. Mini, Mischa and Smudge) it shows but on Nutmeg (brown, no markings) it doesn't so much.

Back