• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey's not well - last update 329 :'(

We're back, and Bailey isn't as good as they had me believe, although he is brighter than he was and there are some poops.

If he still isn't pooping as normal tomorrow I've to take him back in.

Any spare vibes would be appreciated. This is still going the same way as Blossom, and even the nurse I spoke to said they didn't know if this was the start of something else.

I'm so sorry, this must be so distressing to see. :( Sending many healing vibes for Bailey and hugs for you. xxxx

How is Bailey doing this morning ?

Thanks for asking Jane. Bailey has eaten all the food that was left out for him. He hasn't passed as many poops as usual and the ones that are there are sticky, although they are the same size as usual (huge!). He also hasn't done a pee since he got back last night, or not that I can find. His tummy is still bloated too. I really don't know how happy I am with him getting gut stimulant when he is so bloated. I am holding back with his medicine today until he gets seen. It will be so upsetting for him though, because my vet is only a small place and they have the dogs in the same room as the buns :(.

I am waiting for my vet to open to give them a call. They usually start answering calls at the back of 8.

Bailey has been admitted again for fluids and intensive treatment. His blood glucose was 9 yesterday, so hopefully no blockage.

Poor Bailey, I hope he does well with the fluids. The poops could show there isn't a blockage so hopefully his tum just needs to get started again. Does you camera record sound too? Just wondering if it was a loud noise that might have upset him?

Sending lots of vibes x

The vet nurse just phoned. Bailey is supposed to be doing well. They are still syringe feeding him, and he has been doing the toilet.

They think he should be ok to come home at 6, so I have to go in and the vet will go through everything with me. I have no idea what that means, and don't know if he will definitely be coming home tonight, but I will find out at 6.

I really hope this is him on the road to recovery now.

Almost forgot, the camera doesn't record sound. I could see my other buns on it sometimes, and they didn't seem to be panicked at any point.

Glad things sound to be better, really hope he is on the road to recovery now :thumb:

The vet has just phoned. Bailey has taken a turn for the worse :(. The vet is alarmed at the amount his tummy has swollen in the past hour, so they are doing a conscious x-ray and another blood glucose test. I am still to go in at 6 to see him and discuss what should happen next.

Please send masses of vibes for my boy.

I am sorry Bailey has gone worse. Loads of vibes he starts to recover and the Vets can ascertain what is wrong. Stay strong (try to)!

Back