• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey has died

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
My beautiful little boy, I can’t believe it, it can’t be real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m so so sorry to read this post Lilly. Bailey had made such a big presence on here.
I am so sorry. Binkey free beautiful gentle majestic Bailey.
Huge hugs to you. Xx

I just can’t believe you’ve lost your Bailey.
We were all admiring him just a couple of days ago and you must be heartbroken.:cry:
Xxx

OMG no :shock: I am so, so sorry :cry:

Had he been vaccinated and if so was it over 3 weeks ago. I am reading of so many more RHD deaths in recent weeks, including some in vaccinated Rabbits.

Given that H has a Bunny I personally would want a PM done as *if* it was due to RHD then you will need to be extra, extra careful if you visit H’s home. RHD can be carried on our shoes and clothing and it survives in the environment for months.

Without 100% certainty that the tragic loss of Bailey is not RHD related I would treat the situation as if it was. This article gives good advice. With RHD we can never be too careful

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/ar...c-disease/how-to-deal-with-an-outbreak-of-rhd

RIP Bailey x

Had he been vaccinated and if so was it over 3 weeks ago. I am reading of so many more RHD deaths in recent weeks, including some in vaccinated Rabbits.

Given that H has a Bunny I personally would want a PM done as *if* it was due to RHD then you will need to be extra, extra careful if you visit H’s home. RHD can be carried on our shoes and clothing and it survives in the environment for months.

Without 100% certainty that the tragic loss of Bailey is not RHD related I would treat the situation as if it was. This article gives good advice. With RHD we can never be too careful

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/ar...c-disease/how-to-deal-with-an-outbreak-of-rhd

RIP Bailey x

He was going for his vaccinations this afternoon at 2.15.

Upsetting content below

He was lying in the middle of the lounge, I thought he was asleep as he often slept like that. Not a mark on him, perfectly fine when I went to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Bailey x

Exactly this.

Sorry for your loss x

I realise I was stupid buying an unvaccinated rabbit from a garden center. I acted on a whim.

But, I loved him so much and he had a wonderful life with me, albeit far too short.

I know all about RHD which is why he was being vaccinated today and against Myxamotosis.

I may have done wrong but I loved him.

I realise I was stupid buying an unvaccinated rabbit from a garden center. I acted on a whim.

But, I loved him so much and he had a wonderful life with me, albeit far too short.

I know all about RHD which is why he was being vaccinated today and against Myxamotosis.

No. You didn’t do wrong at all. You took him, arranged for him to be vaccinated and gave him a lovely home and life. What has happened is so unbelievably sad. Xxx

Oh Lily no, I'm so so sorry, what an awful shock. You didn't do wrong, you gave him a lovely home and love, however short his life was, it would have happened anyway. I'm devastated for you, big hugs, run free little Bailey xxx

No judgement from me

Just much sadness that you have lost him. I would treat the death as suspected RHD and follow the advice in the link by FHB.

Now is not the time for any of us to make judgements. I have bought Rabbits from Breeders and Pet Shops/Garden Centres and none were vaccinated when I bought them.

Sending you hugs K, I am sure you are devastated and telling M about it will be hard too :cry:

Oh God, no... :cry:
I was also quite smitten with your shared photos of him. He looked like such a happy, clever wee chap. I'm gutted for you. Keeping you in my thoughts.
Sleep tight, Bailey. :cry: xxxxx

Don't punish yourself. Doesn't matter where Bailey came from. He may have just had a weak heart and quickly passed. At least he was at home with the people he loved and didn't suffer.

Big big big hugs xxxx

Back