• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

back to harringtons optimum

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
My rabbits have been on harrington optimum most of there lives and there coats are glossy and thick but reading on here most ppl recommend science selective so I changed about 2yrs ago even though it's a lot more expensive but there coats aren't as glossy so I'm going no to harringtons bunnies love it costs less and condition of coat is much better x

Feedem online have it on offer at the min 10kg bag for 6.50 and science selective is nearly 20pound a bag but the money wasn't the reason just a bonus .I think my bunnies are better on the harringtons optimum x

I think it is a good food, which always seems odd to me since it is made by wagg! It seems to be the main bunny food sold by supermarkets now, alongside the wagg muesli... wagg have a bit of a monopoly :lol:

Has got a lower fibre content than SS but that isn't a problem as long as the buns eat lots of hay.

We use it and have done for years, I changed over to SS, can't remember why now?! and they turned their noses up & Shadow got the start of GI Stasis so I avoid!

They are super hay eaters so I'm fine with it :thumb:

DSC_0158.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I agree with you, Harringtons pellets give bunnies a lovely shiny coat. Over the years I've fed my buns on Russel Rabbit , also Burgess Excel, Science Selective and 30 years ago we used to buy paper sacks of a mollassed mueseli type which included locust beans, it was called No. 1 Rabbit Food.
The pic shows Heather and Rosie today in the sunshine...see the shiny coats. My buns are also fed lots of different forages, they're trying out one that contains mint at the moment. They love dandelion and marigold too.

My rabbits have been on harrington optimum most of there lives and there coats are glossy and thick but reading on here most ppl recommend science selective so I changed about 2yrs ago even though it's a lot more expensive but there coats aren't as glossy so I'm going no to harringtons bunnies love it costs less and condition of coat is much better x

I have seen bunnies on Harrington's pellets and they do indeed get a very glossy coat!

It must be the linseed oil that gives the shine. The pellets have 17% fibre. My bunnies really like Harringtons. I love to hear them crunching away on their supper, along with some kale and rocket.

Back