• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus very ill :(

Fingers crossed for you all!

Hopefully passing something means the meds are doing their job slowly but surely.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Thank you, I really hope so! I hate seeing him like this and being so helpless

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Gracie, I am sorry Atticus is so ill. You did well with sub Q. My vet never does ear catheter, so I have had times when I had needle come out of bunny, or even go in one spot and out another and fluids got on the fur. If he is absorbing sub q and peeing it is a positive sign., and few poos show his gut is moving. Since he is feeling cool you may want to gently warm fluids by placing bag of fluids in warm water or on a warm surface .
Syringe water in his mouth. Water may soften mass in his gut and allow it to pass. Sending vibes.
You mention Evelyn is ill. Glad she has Michael and sending her vibes too.

Oh Graciee. You poor thing and poor Atticus!

Sending millions of vibes and hoping hes got through the night so he can see William today.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the support, you're all so lovely xx

We've got tramadol now, upping the lactulose dose, and the emeprid dose and the loxicom dose. Also cisapride is on order, and we have an ear catheter now which is good/well nicer for me not having to jab him with a needle over and over [emoji38]

He passed this over night, that's my thumb for scale.

Not going to syringe feed yet, but if we do it'll be a teeny amount every few hours. Basically just going for meds and lots of fluids and hoping for the best. I really don't want to lose him :(
6f56a8825c5de76743bf1336e88beba8.jpg

Topping up the vibes and hugs xx you are doing the very best you can for him, I really hope he will improve soon. That poop looks dry and impacted, so it’s good it’s out. I hope Evelyn is feeling better today?

Topping up the vibes and hugs xx you are doing the very best you can for him, I really hope he will improve soon. That poop looks dry and impacted, so it’s good it’s out. I hope Evelyn is feeling better today?

Thanks Zoobec xx

Yea it was, but then some was like mush it's weird. I just hope it keeps coming. Today's gunna be brutal with all the meds and fluids, I'ma write down all the timings so I don't mess it up [emoji51] gotta also look after Evelyn on my own, Michaels got a huge work thing till Wednesday so I'm all alone [emoji21] she's a little better, I think she has a virus or something :( she's had a temperature and diarrhea, would be nice if her and Atticus could level it all out between them tbh [emoji38]it's a lot tho because she wants to nurse more [emoji21] and just generally be held and cuddled rather than play etc. Finding time to eat and drink myself is tricky enough tbh atm.

Oh Graciee, you must be so exhausted 😔

But I'm really pleased Atticus has finally managed to pass something. Hopefully when the cisapride arrives it will start to work its magic. I know I've said it a lot on here but it does seem to work wonders in getting things moving.

Lots of nose rubs for Atticus, I really hope he starts to turn the corner soon. Also cuddles for Evelyn and I hope she is also feeling better soon.

Finally, hugs for you. It sounds awful having to deal with a sick baby and a sick bunny at the same time xx

It’s a good idea to write it down! I hope you can get a break soon and that they feel better soon xx

Sending loads more vibes for you, Atticus and little Eveyln. Really hope they both turn a corner soon, big hug for you Graciee xx

Back