• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh! Nearly run out of hay again already... UD It's Here and theres lots of hay! lol

The soft meadow hay is sooooo soft :shock: Its like running your hands through cotton:shock:

Gingers just eaten some hay! :D I placed her back in the tray and shes had about 3 or 4 strands so far. Biscuit is refusing to come upstairs, it smells of sausage (my lunch) :lol:

The 4.9Kg bag of Ings looks as good as the last bag - yay!

The soft meadow hay is sooooo soft :shock: Its like running your hands through cotton:shock:

Gingers just eaten some hay! :D I placed her back in the tray and shes had about 3 or 4 strands so far. Biscuit is refusing to come upstairs, it smells of sausage (my lunch) :lol:

That's great! Glad to hear Ginger is munching :love:

Might have to try Oscar with some of the meadow hay too next time...

I ordered half and half last time, and yes the meadow hay was so soft, my two still prefered the INGs :?

I ordered half and half last time, and yes the meadow hay was so soft, my two still prefered the INGs :?

I've not given Ings yet, wanted to try the meadow first, and its being eaten.

Gingeypops hasn't left the litter tray since i put her in there :)

did your soft hay feel a bit greasy at all? and does it have lots of flowers (?) in aswell?

Yeah, perhaps a little, but i think its due to sweating after being in what is probably a very cold warehouse all night and then in the air and in a van until its delivered. Loads of the flowers in it, they love them - like seed heads :) Ginger usually searches them out and eats them, like foraging :)

Yeah, perhaps a little, but i think its due to sweating after being in what is probably a very cold warehouse all night and then in the air and in a van until its delivered. Loads of the flowers in it, they love them - like seed heads :) Ginger usually searches them out and eats them, like foraging :)

i agree, one I had left the hay out for a bit, it was fine

yeh, that's them, the seed heads. the piggies liked those bits.

i was getting worried about the greasy feeling but i suppose you're right with it being inside, then outside again etc. think i over worry sometimes. :roll:

do you take it out of the plastic? i just filled a whole empty willow warren box and still loads left in the plastic! you do get alot!

:)

yeh, that's them, the seed heads. the piggies liked those bits.

i was getting worried about the greasy feeling but i suppose you're right with it being inside, then outside again etc. think i over worry sometimes. :roll:

do you take it out of the plastic? i just filled a whole empty willow warren box and still loads left in the plastic! you do get alot!

:)

I store my farm bale in a an old double duvet to let it breath, I guess you could do the same with the H4pets stuff

I store my farm bale in a an old double duvet to let it breath, I guess you could do the same with the H4pets stuff

yeh, could do that. then try and find somewhere to put it. i'm over-run with hay in this house! we have a bag on each step of the stairs!! :oops::lol:

yeh, could do that. then try and find somewhere to put it. i'm over-run with hay in this house! we have a bag on each step of the stairs!! :oops::lol:

I live in a two bed maisonette so had a few issues with hay storage, so what i do now, is got an enclosure in the bunny room and put they hey INSIDE the enclosure so the bunnies can't get it :D As they have run of a bedroom, that didn't take up too much of their space, and that also means that I have all bunny related objects that I don't want them nabbing in one space :D

I will take a pic of my set up when I get my camera sorted

I live in a two bed maisonette so had a few issues with hay storage, so what i do now, is got an enclosure in the bunny room and put they hey INSIDE the enclosure so the bunnies can't get it :D As they have run of a bedroom, that didn't take up too much of their space, and that also means that I have all bunny related objects that I don't want them nabbing in one space :D

I will take a pic of my set up when I get my camera sorted

i wish we had just one extra room in this house. would make things alot easier!

yes, pics please! always like to nosey :lol:

Back