• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh! Buttons has built a nest

Do you have a cardboard box that you could cut a step out of one side to let her get in and out but keep any babies safe and secure for the first wee while? Even newborns wiggle loads and can climb out of the nest or get dragged when mum walks away after feeding.

Not sure, I'll have a look to see if we've got any old moving boxes left. Is there anything else I should have on hand just in case?

Thanks :thumb: I have no idea what to look out for or what to do, all I'm doing is checking she's okay and er, obviously if there's anything in the nest.

That's all you can do! Just keep things quiet around her and keep your fingers crossed nothing appears!

I'd be concerned that if she's not pregnant she may be ill... or could this be part of the "phantom" behaviour? :?

I'm not sure. :? She's eating/drinking as normal... Do you think it's worth a trip to the vet next week to be on the safe side?

I'm not sure. :? She's eating/drinking as normal... Do you think it's worth a trip to the vet next week to be on the safe side?

The problem is, if she is pregnant, which seems likely from what you've said, she shouldn't be moved... Perhaps only take her if she stops eating etc as normal? Or ring the vets for advice... :?

Being quiet is normal before kindling, so you might find within the next 24 hours she kindles. Have you read the sticky in health? About accidental litters?

It's important to keep an eye on her eating and suchlike, but it's going to be a games of risks as to whether or not you take her to the vets. Tough call.

Also, if she was with a bunny on a Friday, one would expect Monday to be a kindling day due to that being 31 days, which is the average day they give birth on.

Being quiet is normal before kindling, so you might find within the next 24 hours she kindles. Have you read the sticky in health? About accidental litters?

It's important to keep an eye on her eating and suchlike, but it's going to be a games of risks as to whether or not you take her to the vets. Tough call.

Also, if she was with a bunny on a Friday, one would expect Monday to be a kindling day due to that being 31 days, which is the average day they give birth on.

Thanks! Will take a look at the sticky. She keeps being quiet on and off, and is zooming around the kitchen at the moment :shock:

The problem is, if she is pregnant, which seems likely from what you've said, she shouldn't be moved... Perhaps only take her if she stops eating etc as normal? Or ring the vets for advice... :?

Yes, it's a nightmare. :( Thank goodness Nibbles is neutered now, Buttons will be booked in for her spay soon too, probably after this is-she-isn't-she scenario :shock:

Nothing in the nest this morning :? Been almost a week since she built the nest now.

Just keep waiting until she either kindles or dessimates the nest, but remember that kindling can happen at any part of the day and should take about 20 mins for an average, healthy kindling.

Just keep waiting until she either kindles or dessimates the nest, but remember that kindling can happen at any part of the day and should take about 20 mins for an average, healthy kindling.

Going to keep a close eye on her tonight as she pulled more fur while I was at work.

I'm quite nervous, she seems quite calm and is being friendly but the fireworks keep scaring the life out of her :censored:

Seems quite happy now they've stopped. She's nomming and drinking lots at the moment, and giving herself a good clean!

Back