• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are your bunnies insured?

are your bunnies insured?

• yes

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • no

Votes: 43 58.1%

• Total voters
I'm glad i read this - i just took out a policy but asked the question on another forum and was left feeling that it's a total waste. Some people here really have had their moneys worth. I will be payin about £8.74 - ish per month. I like haivng the reassurance that there's cover if something went wrong - even if there is a £50 excess!

I made the decision about 15 months ago not to insure as I was planning on getting another 2 rabbits and thought insuring 6 wouldn't be worth it - to save instead. I ended up deciding against getting the other two rabbits and didn't insure my 4 as I had planned (again decided against it). Artie has cost about £1300 since then (not a pre-existing condition so would have been covered for most of that). Since reading conditions requiring a lot of treatment and payouts for a few other members I've decided to get the other 3 insured so i KNOW I can do the best by them. (Art is now too old to insure).

I don't regret my earlier decision it was a gamble worth taking but I have a really good vet which means the range of diagnoses and treatments on offer is extensive .... insurance to back this up seems like a good plan now :)

Blue is for £8 a month, Honey isn't and probably won't as they will exclude a few things from her so I'm just going to put some money in a pot seperately.

None of my buns are and most of them have been to the vets within a short time of getting them so insurance would be pointless as it probably wouldn't cover much!
I have the kitty insured though £9 per month with HSBC

All mine are insured, at about £70 a month. But definatley worth it, In the 6 months Cherry was with me I claimed a lot more than I paid out. It was a god send.

However, shame it doesn't cover dentals, and remember you have to pay the first £55 of any claim, and most vets insist that you pay up front, so you still need savings.

Yup. Both of mine are. Ollie was too, and when I lost her it cost me over 300, which they paid out without a problem.
I wouldn't ever not have them insured, same with any other pet. Especially knowing how much mums JRT has cost her over the years.
I do have to pay bills upfront, but they were really quick at paying out too.

All 4 of mine are and it ranges from £8ish to £10ish depending on age and breed and when I took out the insurance.

I'm with Petplan and have my dog covered with them too £27 per month.

Sound a lot all together but the peace of mind is worth it. I've lost count of the times I've been down to the emergency vet after normal hours!!! The vet is also more likely to do more if they know you are insured (heard this from a vet once - maybe not all vets the same) so they have the freedom to use high value meds and procedures if they have an incling it may help. In my experience most vet trips cost near on £50 so once I'm at my excess I always go all out for any extras while I am there... stock up on recovery, hibiscrub, metacam, metaclop etc......:oops:

Back