• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are we cruel to keep pet rabbits?

I didn't for one second mean set bunnies free. We all know that is unquestionably cruel.

But I also know they love their creature comforts! Just they get so stressed with vet trips, operations, bonding, hoovering and so on. Makes me wonder if it is fair in the long run...

I didn't for one second mean set bunnies free. We all know that is unquestionably cruel.

But I also know they love their creature comforts! Just they get so stressed with vet trips, operations, bonding, hoovering and so on. Makes me wonder if it is fair in the long run...

Definately better than a short run :lol::lol:

Getting a bit late for me :oops: silly 'humour' attack. Goodnight all.

I probably didn't word my previous post very well.:oops:

I didn't think for a minute anyone would be setting their rabbits free, just that if its deemed cruel to keep them as pets, what's the alternative.

I mentioned dogs as they're the most popular pet. And where is the line drawn as to which animals are acceptable to be kept as pets and which aren't. One of my stepsons has a dog, it is shut up all day, seldom gets anything more than a quick walk round the block, more often just gets put out in the small garden. He's not been castrated and is fed 'leftvers' as he 'doesnt like dog food'. To me that's cruel. He's a lovely friendly dog, loves people and I feel more sorry for him than I do my rabbits, who have more exercise space than he does.

I dont think we are 'cruel' but neither do I think Rabbits should ever have become Pets in the first place. I would be very happy if the only Rabbits in existence were those in the wild. Albeit that 'in the wild' is a harsh life and usually a short one too.

Completely agree x

to be brutally honest which ever way you think domesticated buns don't know any different. it would be a different matter if you caught a wild rabbit and forced it to live in a cage.

to be brutally honest which ever way you think domesticated buns don't know any different. it would be a different matter if you caught a wild rabbit and forced it to live in a cage.

I agree !

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Back