• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are there agorophobic rabbits?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i am having a nightmare with bif and bandit..im at my wits end here!
Both are ex rescue buns..both very nervous...bandit likes people not places and bif likes neither. I thought it was because bertie was so lazy that she never moved much once shed bonded with him..oscar her dead husbun and her were active but not ovelry. bandit and bif have each other now and berties with willow now..they were bonded briefly as a foursome and id like to try again as now they are two pairs instead of one pair and two singles.
BUT.......
both are very aware of big spaces.....int he garden i had to use the smaller pen..a fold up metal one......instead of the big 8 panel octagon trixie one with protective net and shade cover. hardly room to swing a nethie nevermind a cat! but they did like being in it but only whilst we were all out there..ie me niki the two cats and the two frenchies who were free romaing the garden(like to see something try and fly away with willow!:shock:)
indoors they dont like running aorund either..its as much as we can do to try and get them to run up and down their end of the lounge..they dont they sneak up and down about 5 times in an evening prefering to eat in the litter tray outside their hutch and snooze alongside bertie and willow thru the fold up run we use as a partiton.
hte frenchies ahve the other end of the lounge and weenies have most of it...with their thistle hall hutch...which bif has relaised she can use upstairs..finally! bandit loves scampering aorund in it bless him.
i knowrabbits are prey animals etc etc..but bif used to move a lot more...and now seems to be more scared then ever..and bandit is agorophobic honestly!
im stumped.....

im worried as even tho bif is on the strictest diet shes ever been on..shes severley overweight and i know its thru lack of exercise..i have the same problem! mines due a combination of injuries and illnesses.....hers from fear.
the little lady is 4 years old now..ive had her since she was 18 months old and shes never ever bene the same since beloved oscar died 6 months after we got her. even with bertie to lift her spirits again she never ran around the lounge again....:(

i want ot rebond them to see if that helps...ie safety in numbers and then they wouldnt be guarding two seperate ends of the communal lounge. that may help right? please advise.....

Yes,

My little baby, don't be scared :( :love:

Erm, I'm away next weekend but the next time I've got my Weds & Thursday off do you want me to come over and see what we can do with them?

I'm pretty sure it can be done again, one day Bif will run around like she used too I can promise that ;)

Last edited:
yep deffinatly biggles is, i thought having a wifey might of helpt but its hasnt hes afraid of feathered and metal birds alike, he hates going outside he sits there for while then if i go passed him of he sees me hes frantically chewing the cage to get out, i pick him up and he snuggles right under me chin and wont cheer up till hes indoors, to be honest carries seems to prefere indoors now too, but i do force then outside for a few hours every now and then for the ole vit D good for the bones like us. even when i was bonding them in a huge run indoors bigs was frantic at trying to get out thats why i decided in the end to take away the run and put them both in biggles cage at night and let them run around during the day, he loves his space in the house but hates it outside, ive got my dog cage now for them both to go in as biggles cage is not big enogth for two, but i have this very strange feeling they are not going to like the dog cage, if it doesnt work i will use it for doc and just keep them in big's cage, they only get locked in at night and they sleep together in the far corner anyway and have the run of the house for around 15 to 18 hours a day a well, big's is like me doesnt like change and carrie bless her heart does anything for him,

Last edited:
:wave: thank you..yes please any help please! ive got osme gastric big right now so its just as well not this week!

yup biggles describes the buns but they do that indoors as welll!!!:shock:
they live with two cats who they play with all the time but the tom is a wuss and he thinks bif is his mummy as she did mother him when he was a kitty.
But Bandit is a strange little guy...if hes feeling adventurous heel go for it but since he was unbonded from bif even when he was with the frenchies he was a wreck...he started to improve but bifs nevres rubs off on him..and on salem!(the male cat) zuzu the female cat plays with the buns a bit rougher as shes grown up running wild with willow! but her respect and manners for her mummy is amazing..one look tells it all:lol:

helicopters go over regulalry and they all freak out..the cats leg it..the buns panic....apart from willow who likes to look brave..and its not her hearing..thats amazing..she can hear the fridge dor being looked at:lol:

im amazed bandits not improved again..he was such a nosey outgoing but shy little chap..mind you he did calm down after going for the snip!

they have dap plug ins and sprays for dogs....feliway for cats...wonder if a bunny one would help!;)

Back