• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aoife

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
HYqJzyl.jpg

txT4z3f.jpg

z5Atzdh.jpg

K26jRxH.jpg

wHtuSdA.jpg

BYFCivu.jpg

ITfnOZt.jpg

:love:

Aoife seems to be doing fine after we lost Endeavour. Whilst of course I am glad that she isn’t depressed it also makes me feel a bit sad, if you see what I mean. She did keep searching for him for about 12 hours after he died. But since then she has been absolutely fine.

It was actually her that told me I had to let Endeavour go. For the last 24 hours of his life she refused to go anywhere near him. She kept creeping up to him, bobbing her head up and down as Rabbits do when they can’t identify something strange in their environment. She’d get to within about 3 ft of him, stop, thump and then charge away. This behaviour continued numerous times over the final 24 hours. I know it sounds mad, but I am 100% certain what she was trying to tell me.

She is a beautiful bunny!
I believe she knew he was near his end and she had some time to accept the situation. She knew his time with him was ending for now and I am glad she communicated that to you.
Like you, she loved him enough to let him go when his pain could not be controlled. Sending gentle hugs.

She is a beautiful bunny!
I believe she knew he was near his end and she had some time to accept the situation. She knew his time with him was ending for now and I am glad she communicated that to you.
Like you, she loved him enough to let him go when his pain could not be controlled. Sending gentle hugs.

Totally agree. She knew and had accepted that his time had come. You couldn't ignore her and did absolutely the right thing. :cry:
RIP Endeavour

Considering how close they seemed to be that last day's behaviour must've been alarming. :( I'm glad to hear she's coping well but yeah, it makes me sad also. :cry:

Hoping she continues to do well. She's such a lovely girl. xxxxx

Aoife seems to be doing fine after we lost Endeavour. Whilst of course I am glad that she isn’t depressed it also makes me feel a bit sad, if you see what I mean. She did keep searching for him for about 12 hours after he died. But since then she has been absolutely fine.

It was actually her that told me I had to let Endeavour go. For the last 24 hours of his life she refused to go anywhere near him. She kept creeping up to him, bobbing her head up and down as Rabbits do when they can’t identify something strange in their environment. She’d get to within about 3 ft of him, stop, thump and then charge away. This behaviour continued numerous times over the final 24 hours. I know it sounds mad, but I am 100% certain what she was trying to tell me.

It's strange isn't it. I've seen animals, that's including the chinchillas react so differently to grief.

I know Little Nylon mourned losing her mum so much that I'm sure she died from grief, even though she had her dad. Babydarling didn't really show much grief losing his partner or daughter but they kind of stuck together so much he was an outsider.

Anastasia bunny really mourned losing Bandit but not her own sister, in fact she brightened up because she got Bandit to herself. She really loved Bandit and after losing him would not have any other rabbit near her.

No rabbits were as close as your Victor and Lydia. In chinchilla world Little Nylon and Kat were like that.

It's strange isn't it. I've seen animals, that's including the chinchillas react so differently to grief.

I know Little Nylon mourned losing her mum so much that I'm sure she died from grief, even though she had her dad. Babydarling didn't really show much grief losing his partner or daughter but they kind of stuck together so much he was an outsider.

Anastasia bunny really mourned losing Bandit but not her own sister, in fact she brightened up because she got Bandit to herself. She really loved Bandit and after losing him would not have any other rabbit near her.

No rabbits were as close as your Victor and Lydia. In chinchilla world Little Nylon and Kat were like that.

Yes, Lady Lydia never ‘got over’ losing Sir Victor and refused to accept any other Rabbit. I tried so many times to bond her with many different Rabbits over the years. But she just tried to kill every one of them straight away. No method of bonding worked. In the end I accepted that she did not want to share her space but would live alongside other Rabbits.

Yes, Lady Lydia never ‘got over’ losing Sir Victor and refused to accept any other Rabbit. I tried so many times to bond her with many different Rabbits over the years. But she just tried to kill every one of them straight away. No method of bonding worked. In the end I accepted that she did not want to share her space but would live alongside other Rabbits.

It's extraordinary. We underestimate the bond and love between animals.

I had a similar experience with Mousey telling me it was Rudey's time - well she told me in a different way but she still told me. I'm so pleased she is coping well, brave & beautiful girl :love: My thoughts remain with you x

Back