• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone pics of thistle hall and fennel fold?

trance

Warren Scout
HI Does anyone have any pics of their thistle hall attached to a fennel fold run from P@H?
I was looking at getting the run but not sure how it attaches as its shorter in width than the hutch.
Sorry if I am having a thick day....... :oops:

i have, will just post them now ;-) *tootels off to find*

hutch008.jpg

the run attaches using six screws, a corner bracket, and two straight brackets.

it's easy to put up, but an electric screwdriver is highly recommended!

Thanks for that :D
My brain is on overtime now....cause if its attached permantly, how on earth is it possible to clean out the bottom part of the hutch or is that what we have kids for??!!! :D :D

that's teh bit i'm dreading! we are considering putting hinges on ours,a nd a catch on teh otehrside instead.....ours isnt going into use until the weekend, so we have a little while to suss it....but i really dont like the thought of detaching it ona regular basis!

:D :D I don't have that hutch /run combo but also have a bit of a problem as the hutch is 3' deep ,only a small part of the run is top-opening and I've only got wee arms and a BIG body :D :D . Thankfully no-one's appeared with a camera at the crucial moment.

cover

How much was the cover for it and where did you get it from? I'm currently looking for one of those but my purse strings are tight right now! May have to make do with a cheaper alternative!

x

Re: cover

mezrie said:
How much was the cover for it and where did you get it from? I'm currently looking for one of those but my purse strings are tight right now! May have to make do with a cheaper alternative!

x

I got tarp from www.decorationgdirect.co.uk, only £1.78 for 7.5 x 5.5 ft, it's waterproof, rot proof etc, I'm gonna make my own cover for my hutch n run combo :D

Well I'll try anyway, not really good at DIY :?

I'm buying some transparent stuff off GemmaH - she bought it from ebay and it's the stuff they use to make tent windows so it's strong.

I looked at the Fennel fold but didn't like the fact it was too narrow for Thistle Hall so had a look elsewhere and foun one just the right size in my garden centre. It wasn't quite tall enough to cover the door so I just did a little bit of DIY and hey presto... a nice big run, that is big enough for me to get into to clean them out and it only cost me £45.. less that the Fennel fold one

RIMG0879plus.jpg

We were given a lavender lodge and the matching run but looking at the one shown our mesh has much larger gaps! Im thinking of re-meshing it as mabel can almost get her head through the holes! :shock:

Back