• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone found this before? Re: dominance, humping etc

Rabbers

Mama Doe
I've asked a few questions about this before as Rolo my 7 year old spayed doe has increasingly got more dominant over the last 6-8 months. I'm not sure why she started so badly this year and continued into Autumn and Winter really, although one theory is that last year I managed to finally treat her EC successfully and so far *touch wood* we have not had any relapses. So I was thinking maybe this year she feels better and therefore has more energy to hump!!

Anyway, she humps Ozzie (7 year old neutered buck) A LOT! Poor mite. Over the summer he had a bald patch on his shoulders as she did it so much! I've had her ultrasounded etc to see if she maybe has left over parts from the spay etc, but the vets couldn't see anything and couldn't help any further.

Recently I've thought about why she does it - looked at patterns etc - and she mainly does it when she's hungry and when she thinks Ozzie has food and she doesn't but recently she's been circling him more and more... so I thought maybe she wants more attention and as they're getting older, Ozzie is giving her less attention. SO i've been spending more and more time with her, stroking her head and tickling her ears and I swear she doesn't do it as much! The problem is still there but I do think it's reduced.
Do you think I might be right?

Back