• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone else got a Vienna Blue?

I can't be sure if a rabbit is a Vienna or a blue coloured cross really. Vienna's are supposedly quite rare, but the blue colour isn't.

i think bluebell is a true vienna - as that is the info I got when I got her and as she came in to rescue via a breeder with a leg ring I guess it must be true.

She certainly conforms to the info on that website reference.

She is very majestic!

i think bluebell is a true vienna - as that is the info I got when I got her and as she came in to rescue via a breeder with a leg ring I guess it must be true.

She certainly conforms to the info on that website reference.

She is very majestic!

Did you have the first letter of the ring number? There are groups of breeds that have the same size legs that have their own letter ring. I think it goes year (eg. 08 ), letter (eg. B) and then another identification number.

If the breeder says she was a vienna and she wore a ring then yeah it's probably very likely she is.

Totally off topic, can anyone get me the details off a ring as I have a french lop that has come into rescue with a ring on and i want to know the details. It won't be on for long as i will have it removed when she is neutered.

Is Ruby a Vienna blue?

Unnamed-2.jpg

Rub1.jpg

IMG00119-20091026-1214.jpg

Given I caused a load of confusion I just wanted to add that the blue self that is the vienna is a marking that also occurs in a lot of other breeds, and that is unrelated to the vienna breed, it is just the colour.

Totally off topic, can anyone get me the details off a ring as I have a french lop that has come into rescue with a ring on and i want to know the details. It won't be on for long as i will have it removed when she is neutered.

What do you mean?
If you want to know the breeder then you need to note down the number and ring the BRC.

And I have no idea if your buns are Vienna blues. Probably not as they are a rare breed. A vienna blue probably looks similar to any blue coloured rabbit.

Back