• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Any spare vibes for my Bramble would be appreciated. U/D - We have lost our boy xx :(

Sorry for your loss. What a sad day for you. I would do the same as others suggested. A normal routine will be less stressful. And a cuddly toy would be nice so he can snuggle.

Really sorry, I know how you feel, we lost Annie a week ago today and its absolutely heartbreaking. Thinking of you.

Liz x

I'm so sorry to hear you lost Bramble, thinking of you and Blossom.

Sleep tight little boy.x.x.

Thank you all.
Fluffles1 - Sorry for your loss of Annie. I hope you are bearing up as well as you can.

i went to the vets and obviously without a PM it is hard to give a true reason as to why this has happened. She did feel that he may have had an underlying problem with his liver or kidney and that the anaesthetic triggered something in him. I dont know much about that. She did reassure me that I was correct in making sure he had his dental and all the subsequent treatment he had was as good as could be. The vets have been great and rung me twice asking how i want things. He will go tomorrow to the crem and I will see him Wednesday.

I gave a cuddly toy to Bramble on Tuesday when Bloss went for his dental and that has now been passed on to Blossom. He has groomed it a bit and when he was lying down I placed it by him and he didnt seem too bothered. He is going in the kitchen tonight as. like you, and me deep down the vets thinks his routine is best. It will break my heart shutting the door on him and not seeing the two of them snuggled together. He has eaten and used his litter tray but he has a sad posture and very sad eyes,

I would like to thank you all for taking the trouble in your busy lives, and many of you worries of your own, to think of me and my boys today. It has been a rubbish day and matched that of 2 years ago when I lost my beautiful Till. Its also made me realise how horrific it is going to be when I lose Blossom and especially the wonderful Berry. I am dreading going to sleep and waking up - that horrid split second and then you remember - life without our special Bramble - tough times ahead. xx

Oh I'm so very sorry that Bramble has gone to the Bridge :cry:
Sending vibes and prayers for you and Blossom. I agree that routine is key when a bunny loses a partner. In time he will let you know if he needs more space or a change. In the meantime, any extra cuddles coming from you I'm sure are very much appreciated.
Such a sad day. :( Again, I'm so sorry. (((((((((Huge hugs))))))))
Binky free, Bramble xxxx

Well, we survived the night. With a heavy heart and losts of tears, Jack and I put Blossom to bed as normal last night complete with treats and some cuddlies. I also resisted disturbing him to check on him.

This morning he has eaten and messed in my washing machine - something I always blamed Mr Bramble for!!!!

He is clearly not himself and I keep torturing myself thinking he is looking for him. I am sure he can still smell him and it distresses me so much to think fo him smelling him, getting excited to see him and then the following disappointment when he is not there. I know I am putting human feelings into him but it is really distressing me. :cry:

I miss him so much and then the double whammy of caring for Bloss is a killer. I know you all understand. Sorry for the ramble and thanks again for your support. :cry:

I have only just seen this I am so sorry that you have lost Bramble :(

Binky free forever all well again at the Bridge Bramble xxxx

Well yesterday was horrendous. We went down to Northampton to the crem. It was horrid seeing him there so small but i gave him lots of cuddles and kisses from us all and from Blossom. I wrote an essay in the memroial book and then we have brought him home. His casket is big enough to add Blossom (when that horrid day happens - hopefully not for years) but for now it has ' Our Beautiful lolloping Bramble' engraved on it. He is under my bed next to Tillies casket. Feel so weak from crying and not eating properly - grief from losing your special buns is such a killer. :cry: :cry:

Thanks for all of your messages, xx

:cry::cry:

I'm just so sorry and wanted to offer my condolences... It's heart breaking. Sending some hugs at this difficult time.xx

Really missing my baby boy. I still cant believe it has happened. it seems so unreal
I wish I knew what Blossom was thinking but I think he is doing ok. We have let him in our bedroom as well now so he can have extra company when we in there. He has started jumping on the bed and lying down. He has never really bothered with us and hates being fussed so it is both lovely and hard that he is coming to us for cuddles. Lovely that he knows we are there for him and so sad that he has lost his best friend at such an early age! :cry:

:cry: sending hugs to you and noserubs to Blossom. Do you think you will keep him as a single bun or look for a friend for him? Xx

Thanks xx

Oh Zoobec, that is a question that I am tormenting myself with. At the moment there is no way I could even consider replacing Bramble, but i know that may be me being selfish.

The other problem is more practical. Since we had the 2 babies (next door bred them - so badly kept, that we rescued 2 of them) Sean lost his job and has found work in Essex. Rather a long way from West Midlands. Its costing us around £1300 a month for him to travel and live down there Sun eve to Fri eve. Its just about worth it! With Blossom a regular dental bun I dont know whether I could commit to another rabbit and then have the added financial pressures.

I - like so many of us on here - am completely committed to giving my house rabbits the best possible life and feel physically sick with worry and grief when they are ill or when they die. I dont know how much more giref I cango through. If I got a partner for bloss and one of those died and was left mourning I would have to get another, and another and I dont know where the cycle would end. I am not sure I can continue to go through it all to be honest. I have Berry who is 8.5 with rapidly getting worse back legs and I feel I am in a constant downwards spiral of worry and stress with him.

Then what if they didnt get home. Blossom already lives in the hall, landing ,stairs and now my room. He sleeps in the kitchen at night. Berry has the living room. I am not sure I could divide the house up any more!!

Sorry for the ramble Zoobec - it is a worry for me as you can probably tell. Thank you for your thoughts.

Back