• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Any spare vibes for my Bramble would be appreciated. U/D - We have lost our boy xx :(

I am so sorry you lost him.

Binky Free Bramble.

Comforting vibes for you and Blossom.

I am sorry you have lost him, I hope Blossom will be ok and settles soon. It us horrible watching the one left behind.:cry::cry:

Thank you for your kind words. I feel numb with grief, shock and 'why!!'

I have taken Bramble to the vets and he will be collected by the Crematorium company and travel to Northampton. I will arrange to go down there and be with him again like I did Tillie. Its dreadfully sad but i felt it also comforting.

I have just fed Bloss, I always cut their food up in even numbers so in my head they get the same amount. In reality I know they dont but it was just a habit i got into. Carrot was always cut into 8 little bits. Cutting into 4 then was horrendous! When they had any apple Blossom used to pick his up and run around finding somwhere safe to eat it without having Bram snaffling it off him. He has just done that even though he no longer needs to - just heartbreaking and my tears cannot stop. :cry: :cry: I loved him so much and miss him dreadfully already.

So very sorry and sending you big hugs. I lost Cheeky last Wednesday so am grieving also and know how you are feeling.
Gentle nose rubs for Blossom xx
Binky free at the bridge Bramble xx

I am so very sorry for your loss x

I lost my Katy 2 weeks today and it hurts to do everything by half of the usual :cry:

Thank you.

Bunslave and Bunny babe - I am sorry for the loss of Cheeky and Katy. The pain is a shocker isnt it. :(

The vets have rung asking if I wanted a PM doing. I said no but am half regretting it. I hate the idea of it but on the other hand would love to know why and what caused my baby to have such a short life. I am going in later for a chat.

I have arranged the crem. My husband works away during the week so my mom is driving me down to Northampton on Wednesday for 12. Its too far for me to drive upset. :cry:

Everyone has been so lovely and 'gets' my grief. God help anyone who does the whole 'oh its only a rabbit you can get another one' stunt!!

Blossom has eaten and has had more cuddles than he actually wants! He looks a bit lost and has sad, scared eyes. My heart breaks for him. :cry::cry:

A quick question if I may and I appreciate the time given to me and Bramble today. He and Blossom always sleep in the kitchen. It is quite small and they have an empty cupboard tied back with a drape over most of the entrance as a hidey hole. They both used to spend a lot of time in the cupboard or behind the drape. My son is adamant that Blossom should not go in the kitchen tonight as he will be alone. I tend to think he should have his routine but understand where Jack is coming from. What are your views? Thank you again for such lovely support and comfort. jane

I would let Blossom have his normal routine, as it could be a stressor to change it.

I'm so sorry you lost your boy. Binky free Bramble xxx

I am soo sorry to hear about Bramble. I so hoped he would improve. I lost my Lance 3 months ago and know the pain and sadness u r feeling. Night night wee man. X

I'm so sorry you lost Bramble :cry: Binky free at the bridge little one.

I agree Blossom will probably be better left in his usual spot in the kitchen, how about giving him a cuddly toy to snuggle up to, I've seen people do this for a bereaved bunny.

Back