• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another sneaky ebay rabbit :(

tbh she sounds not that bright and she doesn't think 'Bugs' is up to getting female pregnant as he's old. So if I want to buy the hutch I can do and she'll put the doe with the buck.

Feel like emailing her and saying NO IT'S THE RABBIT I'M CONCERNED ABOUT NOT THE HUTCH

What concerns me is that if someone else wants the hutch there's more rabbits going to come into the world :(

I've pm'd a local rescue for advice on this one. My first thought is the rabbit isn't in immediate danger but then if she sells the hutch she will be (and all for £10 :evil: )

I'd take the hutch as well and then destroy it so as no animal can be imprisoned in it, it sounds small and looks digusting.

Beebop said:
I'd take the hutch as well and then destroy it so as no animal can be imprisoned in it, it sounds small and looks digusting.

would you pay £10 for it though - it's not a lot but the principle of it really

Isn't it worse to take the hutch - wouldn't that mean her putting the buck in with another doe? Or have I got consfused again? :lol:

Spacegirl said:
Isn't it worse to take the hutch - wouldn't that mean her putting the buck in with another doe? Or have I got consfused again? :lol:

Yep, you're confused again :lol: I think Beebop means take the hutch as well as the rabbit, to stop her getting another.

what he idea of old as well?, thats a bit worrying...

To me, but it sounds as if the seller isnt nessacaily just a bit dimb, or agressive but does anybody else think this could be a teenager talking?, i mean some of the language used, is very ummmm 'kevin the teenager type'....

I think i would do that take the hutch as well and destroy it if its awful.

I also agree with the principle of paying £10 - i would not want to as it sounds as if you are ding her a favour!! (Sorry if i am now confused!! lol)

Maybe leave her some advise leaflets!! 8 :)

Sue
xx

masked_firefly said:
what he idea of old as well?, thats a bit worrying...

To me, but it sounds as if the seller isnt nessacaily just a bit dimb, or agressive but does anybody else think this could be a teenager talking?, i mean some of the language used, is very ummmm 'kevin the teenager type'....

She thinks he's about 6-7 and says he's a bit thin but she puts that down to his age. She seems reluctant to let him go just the doe, but won't say why other than needing space :?

ebay bunny

just emailed seller asking a few questions and ive received a reply she said her shed is filling up with stuff which is why she wants rid of the doe she said the buck is very old and isnt going to last much longer which is why she is going to keep him what an awful woman if i was closer id go and get the poor bunny but in eastbourne unless anyone could help with a bunny run

Myself and Kathryn are close enough to get the bunny but are unable to keep her long-term, which is why Kathryn asked for support from any rescues. Let's hope we're able to help her.

Gemma x

I have just received a reply from this person also . . .

"hi thanks for that i never thought that she may go for food or dog training . my partner wants me to get rid of the male as well so if you could find somebody that will care for them and not neglect them i would be realy greatfull for that ,if you can find somebody soon i can then put the hutches on ebay if not needed.if the hutches are needed i would want something for them .thanks very much sally"

She is willing for them to go for free so if Gemma or Kathry or someobody can pick them up can we sort out a home or rescue/foster?

Gemma, Kathryn, if you can get the rabbit then I will take it. I definately don't want the hutch it looks minging :lol: If you organise with her I will email you my rescue form for her to complete.
Kayx

Ooh, hang on, too much going on! Angie has offered to foster too, we were just wondering about arrangements so who wants them?!!

If a Rescue can take that that would be better - if they came to me, they would just be waiting until a Rescue had space anyway.

Offer stands to foster one or both if necessary, - I can neuter in Feb, but they would then need a Rescue space to be re-homed.

I'm at the gym at the moment but can someone contact the lady and I'll collect and take to Kays tomorrow is fine. Will check in later, off to do some swimming now!!

Back