• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Rescue Closing

Very subtle.

I think this was reported by another member a few weeks back. Given the current financial climate things are only going to get worse. Looking at it all I was very lucky I got out when I did else, we would be in serious financial trouble by now.

Though it seems you can never really be 'out' when your email and number are still changing hands...

one of the reasons existing rescues need to set themselves limits and take on board any constructive advice given..
so easy to take in every bun offered and find yourself over your limit and in trouble financially, physically and emotionally..
We all must know our own capabilities and work within them.

As said many times before I've come close to stopping and its only the support I get from the rest of the team that enables me to keep going.

And Sooz it was obvious you'd still be involved..and good job too:D:D

Its is really sad:cry:But sadly the demands and costs on rescues and getting far greater and they can't cope with them so have to close down:cry:

Lol@Kayj
so does that mean if any of us wants a large breed rabbit in the future we have to come to you instead:lol:
I can see it now "Do you have any gaint rabbits in"
"No none of those here
"Do you have any french lops
"No none here.

Your hubby kayj and you
"So did anyone want any of the rabbits Kayj
"No noone wants them honey so I guess we will have to keep them lol:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its is really sad:cry:But sadly the demands and costs on rescues and getting far greater and they can't cope with them so have to close down:cry:

Lol@Kayj
so does that mean if any of us wants a large breed rabbit in the future we have to come to you instead:lol:
I can see it now "Do you have any gaint rabbits in"
"No none of those here
"Do you have any french lops
"No none here.

Your hubby kayj and you
"So did anyone want any of the rabbits Kayj
"No noone wants them honey so I guess we will have to keep them lol:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

For someone who hasn't been on the forum long you know me so well:lol::lol:
:lol::lol:.

David is absolutely brilliant he doesn't bother at all. I helped Angie65 out last Saturday with 2 french lops but forgot (conviently) to tell him one may be pregnant:oops: When we met Angie and she said that both might be he never said a word all he said was at least if they are it will be the last litters for both, and they have good forever homes now:D.

I do agree with Jill as regards knowing your limits with rescues as it can get out of hand, I know when I started 7yrs ago I use to feel really guilty if I said I couldn't fit another in, then would end up taking it because the owner made me feel guilty, but now I do prioritise and try to stick to the number I can cope with.
You just have to remind yourself at times that for all we would love to we cannot rescue them all.:D

:oops::oops: Errrr something I will have to think about;) My friend will probably have some, but I don't think she is pregnant:D

So sad to hear. I feel a world away, cannot help or do anything as I'm in the states, but this is very sad. :cry:

I know that Pets at Home is like a Petco or Petsmart in the states, but may I ask what exactly it is they do involved with Giants that affects rescues like these so much? :oops:

It is sad when a rescue has to stop but with this one in particular (and I stress only this one in my experience) we moved into the area close to this rescue 2 years ago.
Several attempts to contact them to offer free help/volunteer work etc was never replied to in any way or form AND when we lost one of our buns a few months ago and were looking for a dutch, this above mentioned rescue put us in touch with a breeder!!
Hmmmmm!!!!
Needless to say we didnt pursue this and in fact later travelled an extra 90 miles round trip to the superb Jackie @ GBH rescue who is thoroughly recommended and hooked us up with Mr Parsley Buttons!!!
I once heard a few rumours (and I do once again stress they were only rumours with no concrete evidence) that as well as "rescuing", this particular place was also dabbling in a bit of commercial breeding too but of course I stand to be corrected
Maybe Pets at Home orders were slowing down? I don't know and I apologise to anyone offended by my remarks but there are an awful lot of good honest hard working needy causes out there for bunnies and there are others that perhaps abuse their title a bit.

Back