• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another P@H grumble

i was in my p@h tonight and there was flys in the with bunnys that are in the aviarys :shock:
because of the heat the buns in the middle of the shop had fans on, the 2nd in the old bird aviary had a baby bunny lying next to a cooled bottle of water and the other aviary didnt have anything for the bun in it:(

I am lost to how some-one can tell that the baby buns are less than 8 weeks old, after all breed plays a big part into the size of a rabbit, so a baby bun that is a cross between a nethie and a mini lop is going to look exceptionally smaller than your average 8 week old dwarf lop.

As being as p@h are unable to produce evidence that the buns they sell have been 'correctly' bred, it is a safe assumption that all their buns are cross breeds so the size they are in the shop is no guarantee that they are less than 8 weeks old, in fact, if there was humping going on I would say that they are alot older than suggested as this is a sure sign of maturity kicking in;)

When I brought Mr Bo-Jangles from there, he was advertised as a Dwarf lop, 10 weeks old. He was very tiny, he could fit in my hand:love: sure enough, 4 weeks later he was humping for Britain so his age was correct but he never really grew. After seeing a mini lop I now realise that he wasn't a dwarf but infact a mini lop so there is no gaurantee's that you are getting the breed that is advertised in there;) This is probably why some people have been shocked as to the size their purchased bun has grown to and to why these rabbits vary in weight due to their cross breeding;)

The scanning issue, are you sure that the bun wasn't just on his hind legs havign a good look around, mine do that alot in the garden, also one of my buns has grey eyes. Different light, like us can make their pupils dilate so I would imagine that the shop lights would make a rabbits eyes appear black due to the lack of natural sunlight:?

I dont agree with dogs being allowed in a shop that sells animals and p@h should really address this issue because not all dog owners admit to the store that their dog has done a wee etc:roll: I once picked up a can of cat food to find it was wet which was pretty obvious that a dog had wee'd up them:roll: Its like the streets, all dogs mark over each others wee so pets at home is just a battle ground for dogs on the marking score:roll: great for the dogs but **** for us owners that think we are buying that lovely new dog bed that has more than likely been wee'd on and dried out:roll: Needless to say, I very rarely go in there now but if I do then I always pick stuff off the higher shelves;)

If I shopped in there, which I would NEVER do, then I would be very miffed if my dog could not go in. It a people problem. A lot of dogs pee in my shop when the owners are gazing round not keeping an eye on the dogs. I can see it coming and dash in to grab the lead and move the dog away but usually it's too late. Some people are completely clueless. Personally, I think the dogs have the right idea in pets at home :D

If I shopped in there, which I would NEVER do, then I would be very miffed if my dog could not go in. It a people problem. A lot of dogs pee in my shop when the owners are gazing round not keeping an eye on the dogs. I can see it coming and dash in to grab the lead and move the dog away but usually it's too late. Some people are completely clueless. Personally, I think the dogs have the right idea in pets at home :D

what type off shop do u have

A dog grooming shop.

i was thinking off doing that, going to college and get a degree in it, but i would like a pet shop added on too, what is the profit margin you can mail me if you dont want it going though on public

would apprectiate the help

Back