• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:( Another broken leg...

Well the vet rang a few hours ago and spoke to my dad, said the orthopaedic surgeon would charge at least £500, but he was going to send him the x-rays to find out more, so will hear back either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. My dad forgot to ask about pain relief so I rang the vets back straight away, but the receptionist said he was with a patient, but would get him to phone back. It's been almost 2 hours I think and he hasn't yet, so will ring again.

vet sounds awful and definitely not a rabbit vet. there is no way i would let them try and sort my rabbits out. please find another vet.

can anyone recommend one?

no pain relief! shocking! :shock:

vibes for your bunny xx

I think its utterly disgraceful that any Vet would see fit to deny pain relief to a Rabbit with a fractured leg.
If it were me I'd be putting in a formal complaint of malpractice to the RCVS

PS I would be tempted to suggest you break vet's leg and then ask them if they are happy with no pain relief. But of course that would be irresponsible of me to even think it.

PS I would be tempted to suggest you break vet's leg and then ask them if they are happy with no pain relief. But of course that would be irresponsible of me to even think it.

AFAIK we can still THINK what we like in this country, we just cant always say it :)

*Grits teeth*..........................

Emily please ring me re vets..urgently 0116 2869887

I'd say change to King Richards.0116 2517677...ask to see Sabu or Paula and say Honeybunnies recommended them

Back