• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angel has made a nest!! !

Now guys it's a long time since i had any baby buns here, and for the moment im leaving angel to it, i didn't want tp pick her up and disturb her, as everytime i go to the hutch she runsinto the bedroom and glares at me!!! but should i try and see if she is producing milk or has swollen nipples??

I'd leave the poor girl alone - if she's too stressed she might kill the babies - assuming there are babies, they will be born in the next couple of days so you will know then.

I'd leave the poor girl alone - if she's too stressed she might kill the babies - assuming there are babies, they will be born in the next couple of days so you will know then.

Yep i did think this i will check the hutch in a couple of hours and again in the morning before work. God i really hope for her sake that she#s not

I hope there's no babies there in the morning Phill but it doesn't sound hopeful :? Poor girl, everyone thinking she was fat when all along.... ;)

God what rotten luck. I echo the leave her alone bit too. Hopefully she is just hormonal but if her tummy is growing :shock:

Right oh no babies this morning HURRAH!! I did manage to get a good look at Angel before i left, her belly is almost rock hard :shock: It's no bigger though and i couldn't feel anything, she has eaten some hay but no pellets and she is drinking, she has poo'd and on Saturday and sunday and Monday her poo was sticky and in huge clumps rather than pelleted, this morning they look to be drier and look more like rabbit poo. She does hav swollen nipples but no milk so im now really really hoping it's just a phantom fingers crossed!

If she's not pregnant why would her tummy be so hard? I'm just wondering if there's anything else going on in there Phill?

If she's not pregnant why would her tummy be so hard? I'm just wondering if there's anything else going on in there Phill?

I don't know Kathryn, she had some infacol on saturday and sunday as i thought it could be a bit of bloat but it's made no difference and apart from being very edgey of me going near her hutch she is quite lively. When i found the nest last night i didn't want to risk taking her to the vets for a check (she was supposed to go) just in case!

Back