• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And this is why you don't keep a empty hutch...

Very wise to get that vax for free :)

How are they liking their veggies? That photo of them sharing a piece of greens/kale was lovely :D

Moulting, haha, yes the plucking season has begun (again :roll:).

They really are beauties. I bet you can't stop looking at them :love:
Yea loving the veggies and forage I've been giving them :) had lots of cuddles today on the lawn - can't get over how lovely they are considering the treatment they've had, in pets at home they were bad when the guy tried to get them, but they let me just pick them up :) they have got more used to stroking now and Apricot laid against me earlier stretched out whilst I stroked her [emoji7]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yea loving the veggies and forage I've been giving them :) had lots of cuddles today on the lawn - can't get over how lovely they are considering the treatment they've had, in pets at home they were bad when the guy tried to get them, but they let me just pick them up :) they have got more used to stroking now and Apricot laid against me earlier stretched out whilst I stroked her [emoji7]

I'm going all gooey over them now! :love:

Maybe one day I could come over and visit them all, when you're in your house? x

More pictures please

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Here you go :) squinty breakfast in there [emoji38]
3430b127964b6a1aea125e468b60f657.jpg
3bda5255106aa0f43fd7ed2b7c35d639.jpg
2223856caf2fe8d19c367e44786997f4.jpg
cc3a11faaaef89e86c2487be6bc1dfd7.jpg
22af7e5557930cc76b5a2cf0d69119bb.jpg
bec24d0c21ab92f592b2d21c3d9c80f8.jpg
23e0849da6d8bd7dd7c2199c96f4da9e.jpg
5d576981f6b03aaf4363315c26bcc1e8.jpg
9b4b821bdfcbefe6d638502f9a455d52.jpg

Oh Grace, each photo is better than the previous one.

So amazing .. the one where they mirror one another in the pen.
And their eyes are open when they are close to you :love:

So, so lovely :love:

Oh Grace, each photo is better than the previous one.

So amazing .. the one where they mirror one another in the pen.
And their eyes are open when they are close to you :love:

So, so lovely :love:
I know [emoji7] they're so happy to see people now it's crazy - few days and everything has changed - their behaviour has just switched from fearing people to loving and wanting to meet everyone, they were climbing all over my boyfriend yesterday and then they met my mum who at first they weren't sure about but then were dancing all around her for pets - they really are the sweetest girls ever :) and they know I'm a sucker, everytime they see me they know there's a good chance they'll get something and they're all over me haha Apricot just wants pets most of the time tho, and Penelope is getting more used to them and I think enjoys them a bit more now :) seriously in love with them both

I know [emoji7] they're so happy to see people now it's crazy - few days and everything has changed - their behaviour has just switched from fearing people to loving and wanting to meet everyone, they were climbing all over my boyfriend yesterday and then they met my mum who at first they weren't sure about but then were dancing all around her for pets - they really are the sweetest girls ever :) and they know I'm a sucker, everytime they see me they know there's a good chance they'll get something and they're all over me haha Apricot just wants pets most of the time tho, and Penelope is getting more used to them and I think enjoys them a bit more now :) seriously in love with them both

Gut instinct wins hands down every time!

You decided against the others and took these instead.
Couldn't have worked out better.

I would have found it very difficult to see them behind glass and walk away x

Gut instinct wins hands down every time!

You decided against the others and took these instead.
Couldn't have worked out better.

I would have found it very difficult to see them behind glass and walk away x
Yea I just knew instantly. Don't know if I said this already but I gave my boyfriend a bit of a heart attack at the til, I asked about them, women told me their story, and I instantly went 'we'll take them!' he went waitt whaat [emoji38] he was cool with it just shocked because apparently I never make decisions normally without discussing it first with him [emoji38][emoji38]

Yea I just knew instantly. Don't know if I said this already but I gave my boyfriend a bit of a heart attack at the til, I asked about them, women told me their story, and I instantly went 'we'll take them!' he went waitt whaat [emoji38] he was cool with it just shocked because apparently I never make decisions normally without discussing it first with him [emoji38][emoji38]

Exactly the sort of thing I would do!

Is he as enthralled by them as you and your Mum?

Exactly the sort of thing I would do!

Is he as enthralled by them as you and your Mum?
He wasn't actually at first, but yesterday he got in the pen with them and they threw themselves at him and he fell in love on the spot you could just tell :) plus Penelope took an obvious liking to him which was nice, she's more picky than Apricot :)

He wasn't actually at first, but yesterday he got in the pen with them and they threw themselves at him and he fell in love on the spot you could just tell :) plus Penelope took an obvious liking to him which was nice, she's more picky than Apricot :)

Every time you mention Apricot I get a warm glow. I love that name :love:

Such lovely names for buns.
If I had three ex-battery hens (which I've often though of) I intend to call them Penelope, Henrietta and Priscilla :D

Every time you mention Apricot I get a warm glow. I love that name :love:

Such lovely names for buns.
If I had three ex-battery hens (which I've often though of) I intend to call them Penelope, Henrietta and Priscilla :D
Awh they're such lovely names [emoji7] hope you get to have them one day :)

Back