• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anarchy has a sore nose... UD post 27 nodular myxomatosis

Oh bless you all :( I'm hoping the lack of lesions & just one swelling is a good thing. Did they let his wifey stay too?

Yes. Eloise is there with him. I'm much happier that I asked for that now I realise he's having a GA. She's quite protective of him.

Yes. Eloise is there with him. I'm much happier that I asked for that now I realise he's having a GA. She's quite protective of him.

That's good. I hated that Joey had to stay 2 nights on his own (poor lad has stayed there tens of times to keep Noodle company then when he gets sick is all on his lonesome). Feels much better when they have company there. keep us posted

Frances Harcourt-Brown has taken a look at Anarchy this morning and said that the lesion is so typical of nodular myxamatosis that she feels the biopsy is not needed and would actually create more healing to be required. So the biopsy won't be taking place. (huge relief). He will be coming home with antibiotics.

Oh, and how on earth did the mozzy find an infected wild rabbit to bite as I've not seen any wild rabbits round here for weeks - I believed that VHD had wiped them all out!

Frances Harcourt-Brown has taken a look at Anarchy this morning and said that the lesion is so typical of nodular myxamatosis that she feels the biopsy is not needed and would actually create more healing to be required. So the biopsy won't be taking place. (huge relief). He will be coming home with antibiotics.

That's good he'll be spared the trauma of GA & poking about. Pity FHB can't work 24/7 :( & saved you time & worry. Is his prognosis looking good? i'm so hoping so

That's good he'll be spared the trauma of GA & poking about. Pity FHB can't work 24/7 :( & saved you time & worry. Is his prognosis looking good? i'm so hoping so

Yup, she believed a scabby nose is as bad as it's likely to get with this - but the silver lining is he is now very well protected from myxomatosis as he's had the real virus in his system. (Given we can't get the ***** vaccine this is a silver lining I could do with right now!!!)

Yup, she believed a scabby nose is as bad as it's likely to get with this - but the silver lining is he is now very well protected from myxomatosis as he's had the real virus in his system. (Given we can't get the ***** vaccine this is a silver lining I could do with right now!!!)

Brilliant - & if I may say so a shiny example of positive thinking :) Will he ever need vaccinating again? (I suppose he'd have to in hindsight as combined vacc...)

loads of well wishes to you Anarchy & well done Elouise for looking after him

Awww BB just seen your update. Good news then, and once more, brilliant FHB to avert a biopsy. I wouldn't like that done to my nose and rabbits have such sensitive ones!

Onwards and upwards, I hope Anarchy and your Mum get sorted and well again soon xx

Thanks all again for the good wishes, they are very welcome.

Bunnies are back in the aviary. Eloise went straight up to the top hutch (3 tiers) and Anarchy went under a bench on the ground floor. After a while Eloise was busy chin rubbing everything :love: I couldn't see Anarchy but assumed he was getting over his scary experience in a quiet dark corner. They have since graciously accepted the peace offering of grass. The baytril is going to be a lot of fun... I do hope he is going to be okay, he's such a little sweetie, although he isn't cuddly like Artie he is still symbolic of him so I'm telling myself Artie is watching over him.... (any old nonsense that gets you through, and all that :oops:)

Back