• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I dreaming or is this a bargain hutch? U/D it's 4ft :(

Yeah, I know. I keep looking for the refund but it's not there yet.

I'm going to stop looking now. I'll concentrate on turning the current "shante town" into a decent aviary, then *maybe* buy a few bits of wood and have a go myself :shock::shock::shock:.... it can't be that hard :? :lol::lol:

I've just had a response from the seller saying, "Please advise of the exact amount you paid and I will refund no problem" :shock::shock:

I can't tell you how exasperated I am now, it's all there in the transaction record. How can a seller cancel a transaction without knowing that I'd paid for it? It says when you confirm buying that the seller requires you to pay straight away, and I did. As if I hadn't got better ways to spend my precious bank holiday weekend :roll:

I've just had a response from the seller saying, "Please advise of the exact amount you paid and I will refund no problem" :shock::shock:

I can't tell you how exasperated I am now, it's all there in the transaction record. How can a seller cancel a transaction without knowing that I'd paid for it? It says when you confirm buying that the seller requires you to pay straight away, and I did. As if I hadn't got better ways to spend my precious bank holiday weekend :roll:

Say it was £50.... hehehe!! I wouldnt have the guts to lie though :?

Say it was £50.... hehehe!! I wouldnt have the guts to lie though :?
It was £64.99 ;)

I wonder if he's just stalling, he's obviously a busy seller so I can't understand why he's asking what I paid, it makes no sense :?

It's funny because he's relisted it £5 cheaper than I paid for it - there's one identical without a cover £5 dearer... He'd better not short change me by £5 because of his listing inconsistencies :?

I've just realised - he relisted it because of my having bought it when his listing was wrong and the size description is the same in the new listing :evil: I have lost it now, some other poor soul could end up doing the same!

Last edited:
If you have paid by paypal, you can open a dispute there and they will deduct the money from his account until the matter is sorted

If you have paid by paypal, you can open a dispute there and they will deduct the money from his account until the matter is sorted

He refunded pretty quickly, I'm pleased to say.
It was Easter weekend so to get any response at all was appreciated, I was just getting exasperated... as I do when things constantly go pear-shaped

Well, I eventually bought this yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230446779581

:oops: So much for threatening to build my own, but my budget was £100 and this just sneaked in there.

:D And I've got a message to say it's already been shipped :D:D

It was £64.99 ;)

I wonder if he's just stalling, he's obviously a busy seller so I can't understand why he's asking what I paid, it makes no sense :?

It's funny because he's relisted it £5 cheaper than I paid for it - there's one identical without a cover £5 dearer... He'd better not short change me by £5 because of his listing inconsistencies :?

I've just realised - he relisted it because of my having bought it when his listing was wrong and the size description is the same in the new listing :evil: I have lost it now, some other poor soul could end up doing the same!

You can report a listing for being deliberately misleading which it is now you have pointed out his mistake. You have the correspondence as well if Ebay need proof.

You can report a listing for being deliberately misleading which it is now you have pointed out his mistake. You have the correspondence as well if Ebay need proof.

I'm not sure but I don't think he is being deliberately misleading. When I got to study it last night he had two identical hutches listed, one with a free cover the other not. He had taken the dimensions out of one listing but not on the other. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and think he's 'forgetful'. He's also messaged me asking if I need any more info on another hutch that I've bought and paid for, I had to ask twice for postage costs so I think it's just a case of disorganisation :roll:

Well I received this hutch on Wednesday, having bought it on Monday (a bank holiday)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230446779581

I'm really impressed. I even got told the courier would arrive between 14.01 and 15.01 :lol::lol: (arrived at 14.31 - smack bang in the middle!).

I don't know when I'll get chance to put it together, I also want to stain it a turquoise/pale green if I can find some stain/preservative easily that's animal friendly.

The £28 hutch isn't here yet so I'll be busy when that one arrives as well :D

Back