• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a good hutch?

Yes, the buns in question definitely have dental problems :cry: We don't know if it is mainly bad diet or if it's all because they had bad teeth to start with, which might make a difference to the longterm. They are a year old now though so the bad diet issue has done damage while they were growing :cry::cry: *Hopefully* something can be done and the prognosis would be reasonable but they will definitely have dental issues:(

Poor bunnies. :(:(

Yes, the buns in question definitely have dental problems :cry: We don't know if it is mainly bad diet or if it's all because they had bad teeth to start with, which might make a difference to the longterm. They are a year old now though so the bad diet issue has done damage while they were growing :cry::cry: *Hopefully* something can be done and the prognosis would be reasonable but they will definitely have dental issues:(

aww poor boys. :(

The rabbit hutch shop -

I can review this because i have several of these hutches. They are good dimensions, bad quality. They will do if you can't afford anything else. I spent about £1000 with them. I wish I'd have spent more and gone for ryedale but it was 24 hour delivery so i went with them.

The hutches are stapled together! Yes that's right- stapled- do they fall apart - yes- we had to reinforce them with metal and screws!

It takes two people to put one up. The back is just flimsy plywood.

They look okay,but but i think you can get more for your money.

I can also review the rabbit hutch shop

my review is actully quite different

I think my RHS is very good quality and a brilliant size. the back plywood is 8inch which i think is a good thickness. the sides are solid tounge and grove. The roof has ample overhang (most hutches have a few cms). The roof is openable for easy cleaning. and its waterproof! (ive never had a hutch before that hasnt leaked within a month of buying it)

i love my RHS hutch and run

I cant compare it to the HH but the picture on the RHS website looks better.

I think my RHS is very good quality and a brilliant size. the back plywood is 8inch which i think is a good thickness. the sides are solid tounge and grove. The roof has ample overhang (most hutches have a few cms). The roof is openable for easy cleaning. and its waterproof! (ive never had a hutch before that hasnt leaked within a month of buying it)

Oh the roof opens? :D

I'd agree. I don't have the hutch and run but a double hutch. I was disappointed that the back was plywood as from the description I was expecting T&G, but now I've got over that I'm happy with the quality. The doors feel solid, the whole thing feels quality to me. The divider is better quality than the HH hutch, it has a frame to it rather than just being a piece of plywood. I'd buy RHS over HH every time, though if I had unlimited funds I'd go for Ryedale etc, and wider than 2ft, 2.5ft. But the RHS one is a good hutch, in my opinion, and yes, they are quite a bit cheaper on ebay at the moment than direct from the seller. The RHS one just has turn bolts on which I would change where as the HH one has turnbolt 'thingies' that have wooden stoppers on (the doors can't get knocked open accidentally).

I second this :) We had to put a couple of nails into the 'steps' on the ramp as they weren't overly sturdy, but my OH put it together all by himself in about an hour (we weren't talking that night as it was the same day Joejoe had got in the lounge when we were at work and eaten over £100 of cables...in fact maybe thats why he did it so quickly he was determined the bunsters were going al fresco that night :lol:)

It definitely needs wood treating, we used the PAH one but it stinks to high heaven so might be worth looking for a different rabbit safe make.

I've just got a made to measure all seasons cover for both the upstairs hutch and the downstairs run for about £100 which means the wood is fully protected now and the buns are dry and draughtproof :)

Sorry, I don't have any ideas about the hutches but well done for thinking about adopting the two bunnies, I hope all goes well for you :) xxx

Back