• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

am i being selfish??? shocked by what a friend said......

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be frank, just trying to say the only person that really matters is you- not her, not us. I'm glad you're feeling better though and are able to see what you really feel about them and their lives :)

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be frank, just trying to say the only person that really matters is you- not her, not us. I'm glad you're feeling better though and are able to see what you really feel about them and their lives :)

dont be silly, no need to be sorry :wave: your opinion made alot of sense :) xxx

Sorry only just seen this now. You know your bunnies are perfectly happy, they I'm sure wouldn't want to be without you either :) xxxx

Sorry only just seen this now. You know your bunnies are perfectly happy, they I'm sure wouldn't want to be without you either :) xxxx

i hope they are happy :) i try to do my best for them, at the end of the day thats all i can do xxx

We all have worries that we could do more for our buns from time to time but I know that on the whole RU buns are happy, cared for and loved. The fact that you have two separate house buns is amazing.

I have to say that I worried for ages that Bruce and Cleo were not as happy in a pair as our other two pairs are but we continued to keep them together. It was only when we put them outside in their own garden that they really settled down and now seem to adore each other. For a long time, Bruce continued to chase Cleo but I always find him grooming her now or they are cuddled together or playing/digging in their garden.

Your not been selfish at all, just keep trying and eventually, they will get it.

Lots of bonding vibes for you all

I think your friend touched a nerve because you feel guilty about not being able to give them a friend. However that doesnt mean that your rabbits are unhappy, they are indoors so get more attention than they would outside, and as long as you put aside plenty of time to play with them everyday, that is acceptable. I believe single house buns can be happy without a bunny friend, although I do think that they are happier with one.

I dont know much about this as I think your buns were already single when I joined i think, but I imagine you have tried bonding them and it failed? If so, and if you have tried both the gradual and the short way of bonding and it isnt going to work out, then you are better keeping them apart, they are better apart than together.

Something to consider may be whether you could afford to get a rescue to try and bond your two into a trio with a third bun, on the understanding that if it doesnt work out you dont keep 3rd bun. Or perhaps get the most 'lonely' seeming one a friend, or both. Both options would enable you to keep both buns and allow you to have a friend for them.

edit: I think the fact that you are considering changing things for their benefit shows you care a lot. But your friends idea of getting rid of one bun but keeping the other single anyway doesnt seem logical. If they are going to be single anywhere, it is best they are single house bunnies with someone that makes sure they get enough space and the right diet and plenty of human attention.

Last edited:
Back