• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost in tears

Hope all went well at the vet today. Just goes to show how easily rabbits can get bad ...
(as in ill). Well done for rescuing her. It was obviously meant to be.

I think we need photos of this new arrival! :) bless little Phoebe, I hope she feels ok and that she can be cleaned up quickly and painlessly.

Hope all goes well at the vets. As others have said mucky bums are often diet related and can occur without dental issues, really hoping that is the case for your little one x

Phoebe update xxx

Hi guys, what a day...

I went to work worried, it didn't look like she had managed much food or hadn't drank much. Hubby said he would phone vets for me and then phoned me whilst in work and said they couldn't fit her in today... :shock: but could fit her in tomorrow... I don't think so. :evil:

I didn't get through the door until 4.30 but got on the phone all ready to fight my corner - The receptionist (mid way through explaining situation) suddenly said "oh, you're Reggie's mummy! Bring Phoebe straight in, can't hang around with things like this... " :shock:

So I went straight in, a 20 min journey ended up 40 mins but anyway - finally arrive late with two niggly little boys in tow,but they still saw us.

Vet checked - here's the deal

Teeth look ok :thumb:
Lungs/heart seem fine
Gut sounds slow (as I suspected) injection given to encourage gut movement
Checked bottom, vet very pleased with our efforts last night... She's obviously sore but vet says it should be ok without treatment, she's defo a little girl. :love: Still no idea on breed. :shock:
I have to watch her hocks and bottom but that's no hassle :love:

She completely covered vet and room in fluff... She is a very moulty bunny... :lol:

I promise I will get you guys photos, the poor lady is absolutely petrified and a little stressed at the moment so will wait to get some decent ones... And I've sneaked on here in the middle of cooking tea. :lol:

Thank you to everyone sending love and vibes. It's fantastic to have such wonderful support.xxx

It's not a good one :oops: but this is her after her bath, wrapped in towels! Excuse state of me - was veeeeeeery late :oops::oops::oops:

af6a555e345c77c099e702546b887cdc_zpsef07e675.jpg

She's lovely :love: I agree with others, this was obviously meant to be :D Blackavar had a slow gut when he first came to me and he's fine now so hopefully Phoebe will be too :)

She looks like a little English cross. :love: So glad her teeth are fine.

Sending more vibes her way. I hope you manage to get her eating well. :thumb: No doubt she will start once she has settled down. xx

Oh I should really introduce myself before posting but I just wanted to say well done for rescueing her, I am so pleased for her, and so glad for your sake that her teeth are OK :)

She is a lucky bunny.

Back