• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All my bunnies are about 3/4 years

lol iv just written almost the exact same thing on her poll thread!!

Haha great minds....

It's not an easy decision at all. I'm sitting here dithering tbh over what advice to give because I can see the pros and cons of both sides. :?

I have 12 (that's now many I got insured), I have more if you count the rescues, am thinking of insuring them too.

TBH I'm not sure you would be able to get the rescues insured. What happens when they are rehomed? Would the new owners take on the insurance or would you just cancel it?
I'm not sure the insurance company would do it as a lot of bunnies coming into rescue need loads of treatment and have little history. Also if it worked out cheaper then surely all rescues would do this.
I would ring the insurance company and check they whether they will cover them :D

I did ask, they said I would have to open a normal policy and just keep swapping the names, I guess really when I think about it, Ralph could be Thumper and so and so on hehe

I did ask, they said I would have to open a normal policy and just keep swapping the names, I guess really when I think about it, Ralph could be Thumper and so and so on hehe

my mum always says i should have have four black bunnies..... all male or all female;)

Jelly 1, Jelly 2, Jelly 3 and Jelly 4!

omg...four jellies :shock: i wouldnt be able to cope

actually my uncle and his wife have yeeha insured (jellys identical daughter) and whjen jelly got gut stasis once (v mild) she went 'bring her up to us, we'll say shes yeeha'

hahaha ( we didnt)

Im insured for two of my bunnies. The third was always quite poorly and I didn't think she would get cover. Iv never had anything back. They are all now four, but you don't want to cancel just in case. If I had my time again, I would have saved the money in an account.

Whats the chances all of yours will become sick at once Tree. Slim. So you are insuring the lot and will probably only need to claim for one. I think I would put the £94 in an account and within six months you have saved enough to treat one bunny if they were quite poorly. Although, having said that, it would be sods law if I was wrong.

Mine have all just been for their myxo jabs and two of them she reckons may have teeth problems ahead - Roger has some small spurs and Hera has a molar growing outwards:shock:

I haven't insured up to now and have just kept a vet fund, because with 8 its so expensive, but I'm considering getting these two insured this year now:roll:

I had Molly and Faline insured but when I moved in with Chris and his 5 I cancelled their insurance, as we didn't think it was worth it for 7. It's just as easy to get a spare credit card for them, or put some money away in a savings account. (We do £40 a month)

Beatrix, Bob, Maisie, Zippy, Scooby, Kovu, George, Thumps, Holly, Dylan, Bramble, Thistle, it's £93.64 a month, you see this is what is putting me off too, because I don't normally have anything that cost more than the excess. The is exceptions on Holly and Zippy, Holly's comes off in November and Zippy's comes off if all of her back teeth are removed.

Mine was £120 a month including my horse. My buns are a similar age to yours, but this was a couple of years ago. Plus I doubled up buns:oops::lol:

I cancelled mine with the intention of starting a savings account, & just whacking in £100 a month. My theory was after a year I could spend it & start again:oops::lol: Savings account never happened, but I have some lovely shoes:D:D:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol: @ Angie

I have set up a savings account now (a seperate one to my normal ones) and I have set up £100 month to go in the same day the insurance payments were due to be paid, I haven't actually canceled the insurance payments yet though, so probably end up paying twice.

Back