• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Age of bunnies

i think of old as 8+ but our vet classed bisc as older at 8, but matt at 7 because of his health issues.

all the vets call bisc old now and he will be ten in a few weeks. quite scary really!

Mine is only 3.5 months, which is equivalent to 11 yrs old. I found a chart online, but don't know how to add a picture without a URL. Is there another way?

Chart says:
2 weeks~ 2 years
3 weeks~ 4 years
4 weeks~ 6 years
2 months~ 8 years
3 months~ 10 years
4 months~ 12 years
5 months~ 14 years
6 months~ 16 years
1 year~ 21 years
2 years~ 27 years
3 years~ 33 years
4 years~ 39 years
5 years~ 45 years
6 years~ 51 years
7 years~ 57 years
8 years~ 63 years
9 years~ 69 years
10 years~ 75 years

Does the author of this chart never expect bunnies to outlive 10 years then? ;)

Yes, especially when they've been around for so long, and shared life experiences, it's hard to imagine carrying on without them, isn't it?

It is, 13yrs is a really really long time. If I look back on the 13yrs, I was so young and had absolutely no idea about rabbits when I got him. Luckily I had a good vet who told me about the importance of feeding good quality hay and no rabbit muesli or other treats.
My other rabbits are 8,7 and the youngest is 6.
The 13 yr old has started to sleep progressively more over the last yr or so. Although he still has his crazy moments and binkies around. He also runs toward me honking and then circles my feet, so cute ;-).

Last edited:
It is, 13yrs is a really really long time. If I look back on the 13yrs, I was so young and had absolutely no idea about rabbits when I got him. Luckily I had a good vet who told me about the importance of feeding good quality hay and no rabbit muesli or other treats.
My other rabbits are 8,7 and the youngest is 6.
The 13 yr old has started to sleep progressively more over the last yr or so. Although he still has his crazy moments and binkies around. He also runs toward me honking and them circles my feet, so cute ;-).

Bless him :love:

Is he one of the buns in your signature?

It does make me sad to think they won't be with us forever. Doughnut is 5 and is still very active and she's still my little baby. Don't think she's slowed down, some days she's always been lazy others she goes mad for half an hour, crashing into the walls!

My four are all four this year. I think of them as youngsters. They are all very keen on relaxing and on food.

Back