• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advise ASAP please

Keep it on topic please if you don't have anything helpful to say the best option is to not reply at all :)

Is this your second litter - I seem to remember you had babies in October last year. Is Bella - who turned out to be a boy from that litter? In which case he will be old enough to be castrated if you have not already done so. I would hate you end up with even more babies especially given the potential problems with your landlord.

It is very unlikely he would be fertile at such a young age, and the sister would not be able to conceive as of yet, so would be fine. Babies would typically still be together with mom at that age. Usually babies will be separated from mom at 8-10 weeks, and each other by 10-12 weeks. It's not unheard of for babies to be humping each other at even younger ages since it is also a dominance behavior for rabbits. But even though it is very unlikely for him to be fertile yet, it is also not impossible, so would be a good idea to check his little bottom for signs of 'plums' just in case, and separate if anything is found.

as others said should be fine for another week or two, then they will need splitting into sexes.
The youngest doe we had in who was already pregnant by her brothers was 11 1/2 weeks :(
but please have the adult boy, if you still have him, neutered NOW. he could still be fertile for up to 6 weeks post op.
As you had a litter last year the knowledge about baby rabbits, breeding and behaviour should have been well looked into then and preventions taken to stop future litters. Accidents do happen but if any owner of any pet has an un neutered male and female then they know if they get together babies will be the result . " He/she escaped" ( and I'm not saying you said this by the way ) isn't a good reason as if the housing is secure then the animals should not have been able to escape..rabbits cannot undo bolts.

So please do more research, and asking on here is a good start aslong as you do take on board advice given :) Get your male done and as I see you need to rehome some, please homecheck and make sure they have really good homes.
Hope they all grow up fit and well!

as others said should be fine for another week or two, then they will need splitting into sexes.
The youngest doe we had in who was already pregnant by her brothers was 11 1/2 weeks :(
but please have the adult boy, if you still have him, neutered NOW. he could still be fertile for up to 6 weeks post op.
As you had a litter last year the knowledge about baby rabbits, breeding and behaviour should have been well looked into then and preventions taken to stop future litters. Accidents do happen but if any owner of any pet has an un neutered male and female then they know if they get together babies will be the result . " He/she escaped" ( and I'm not saying you said this by the way ) isn't a good reason as if the housing is secure then the animals should not have been able to escape..rabbits cannot undo bolts.

So please do more research, and asking on here is a good start aslong as you do take on board advice given :) Get your male done and as I see you need to rehome some, please homecheck and make sure they have really good homes.
Hope they all grow up fit and well!
Great advice from Jill as always

10weeks is what I thought..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boys will probably be fertile and keen from about 8 weeks. Its unlikely the does will conceive much before 16 weeks but you should still separate them as the humping will cause fights which could lead to injuries

Their 8 weeks tomorrow & the girls are going to a friend so will have a spare hutch for the boy, he hasn't bothered since luckily

Their 8 weeks tomorrow & the girls are going to a friend so will have a spare hutch for the boy, he hasn't bothered since luckily

do you still have the father and if so have you got him neutered? Have you checked your friend who is having the girls has secure room for all of them?

Back