• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice on muesli for rabbits.

guys i never joined this forum to be slated, some of these posts are shocking. im a first time owner and not completely clued up.. my bun has had metoclopamide and hes inconscious , how is his life saveable? i will take him too the vet but hes not even letting us syringe feed now.. one thing i am not is a bad owner so no im not neglecting him, ive tried my absoloute hardest for my poor boy. and yes i am of age, im almost 19, the fact im only a student means i dont have the funds to whisk my bun off to a vet when im told too .

guys i never joined this forum to be slated, some of these posts are shocking. im a first time owner and not completely clued up.. my bun has had metoclopamide and hes inconscious , how is his life saveable? i will take him too the vet but hes not even letting us syringe feed now.. one thing i am not is a bad owner so no im not neglecting him, ive tried my absoloute hardest for my poor boy. and yes i am of age, im almost 19, the fact im only a student means i dont have the funds to whisk my bun off to a vet when im told too .

I don't think anyone is slating you, we're all just trying to help. Is it money then that's the problem here?

Will you take him to a vet now? Like, this minute?

Chances are his life isn't saveable, however, potentially he can be saved of suffering.

I also don't think anyone has slated you, I think people are just totally desperate to help you and your bunny but don't know what they can actually do other than post.

You cant just make the assumption that his life can not be saved!
All people are trying to say is that if you get him to a vet asap, either something may be done to save his life.. or if indeed he is in the pain you describe, you can let him go peacefully rather than suffer!

your bunny NEEDS to go to the vet as he is in pain and that isn't fair to him :(

leaving him to die in pain is a horrible thing to do.

please no-one slate me for saying this.
but
even if you take him to the vet now and pay to have him put to sleep now. that is better than leaving him to die in pain.

if you are intending on getting him treatment, then i apologise for saying that, but it doesnt sound like you are.
i think that if you are not going to treat him and are going to leave him in pain, you would be better not waiting for him to die in agony, you'd be better putting him to sleep and taking his suffering away

I don't think anyone is slating you, we're all just trying to help. Is it money then that's the problem here?

no its not money thats the problem. my bun has had baytril,metaclopomide, critical care syringe fed into him. im trying my best here! and not being able to drive really limits us from travelling, the closest rabbit savvy vet is a 40 min drive away but when my dad is home we are taking him to my vets other surgery and asking him to be kept in and give it one last try and if nothing can be done to help then we cant do much more, and just to add my vet has been trained in rabbits as iv just found out..

This is very sad for you but especially your bun. Although you may not be "clued up" you didn't have to be in this instance because people have told you what you need to do. These people ARE clued up and are telling you to get your rabbit to a vet. If you aren't willing to listen then your rabbit will continue to suffer.
Please listen to the experts and get him to a vet.

no its not money thats the problem. my bun has had baytril,metaclopomide, critical care syringe fed into him. im trying my best here! and not being able to drive really limits us from travelling, the closest rabbit savvy vet is a 40 min drive away but when my dad is home we are taking him to my vets other surgery and asking him to be kept in and give it one last try and if nothing can be done to help then we cant do much more, and just to add my vet has been trained in rabbits as iv just found out..

What time does your dad get home? Can you not get a bus or a taxi?

if money isn't the problem, then take him to the vet again now. he needs pain relief

Potentially pain relief, a heat source (something you can do yourself), a drip, fluids, different medications, also, depending on what's caused this (because I haven't read the full thread), different antibiotics, surgery, tests, oxygen, etc, are all options a vet has available.

Can you call the vets surgery and explain the situation and what condition the rabbit is in and see what they say?

I recently had a rabbit who was less ill than yours but we went to the vets and he went into an incubator, and he has heat and oxygen and was comfortable. When the vet came (it was an emergency and out of hours) she said there was so much wrong with him that the only fair thing to do was the have him PTS. We did this and whilst I was devastated to lose such a good friend, I got some comfort that he didn't and wasn't suffering. This is something you may be able to find comfort in too, if he does die.

Also, Krissie1234uk, that's an excellent post, and snowball, no one will slate you for that, I suspect many of us feel the same.

OP, we really sympathise with having an ill rabbit and feeling helpless and distressed and not knowing what to do, all we're trying to do is tell you what you can do in this situation. That's all.

Potentially pain relief, a heat source (something you can do yourself), a drip, fluids, different medications, also, depending on what's caused this (because I haven't read the full thread), different antibiotics, surgery, tests, oxygen, etc, are all options a vet has available.

Can you call the vets surgery and explain the situation and what condition the rabbit is in and see what they say?

I recently had a rabbit who was less ill than yours but we went to the vets and he went into an incubator, and he has heat and oxygen and was comfortable. When the vet came (it was an emergency and out of hours) she said there was so much wrong with him that the only fair thing to do was the have him PTS. We did this and whilst I was devastated to lose such a good friend, I got some comfort that he didn't and wasn't suffering. This is something you may be able to find comfort in too, if he does die.

Also, Krissie1234uk, that's an excellent post, and snowball, no one will slate you for that, I suspect many of us feel the same.

OP, we really sympathise with having an ill rabbit and feeling helpless and distressed and not knowing what to do, all we're trying to do is tell you what you can do in this situation. That's all.

thanks sky-o. felt a bit worried about saying it!

its too late. he fell asleep in my mums arms. looked so peaceful, we were getting him ready to go too the vets. please refrain from calling me a bad owner as ive had lots of trips to the vet with him and tried everything as you will all see from my other posts.

its too late. he fell asleep in my mums arms. looked so peaceful, we were getting him ready to go too the vets. please refrain from calling me a bad owner as ive had lots of trips to the vet with him and tried everything as you will all see from my other posts.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Binky Free little Bunny.

Back