• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice on dog crates

u shouldnt just assume i was going to use a crate, you could ov asked, i was plannin on having an 8 pannel pen attached, im trying to do whats best for my rabbit, when i got her i was told her 4x2x2 hutch was all she would need, they obviously lied since i found out on here its tiny, i hav her out every nyt 4 a few hours as i hav 2 children and this is th best time for us. im due my third baby tomorrow, and instead of thinking about stuff to do with th baby my mind is constantly on th rabbit because since joining here iv been made to feel as if im not treating her ryt. it costs money 4 these huge fancy hutches and atm i dont hav alot ov money with baby being due, and i dont hav a huge house where i could giv a room up just 4 the rabbit. and couldnt let her free range as i hav two small children and th rabbit chews alot. so im trying to improvise and do the best i can, and would appreciate it if u would not make me feel lyk im being cruel to her

I didn't assume anything, I said "if", that is the relevant word here! And where did I make you feel "lyk" you were being cruel to her? Please clarify.

There is really no need to be so rude to me :evil:

u shouldnt just assume i was going to use a crate, you could ov asked, i was plannin on having an 8 pannel pen attached, im trying to do whats best for my rabbit, when i got her i was told her 4x2x2 hutch was all she would need, they obviously lied since i found out on here its tiny, i hav her out every nyt 4 a few hours as i hav 2 children and this is th best time for us. im due my third baby tomorrow, and instead of thinking about stuff to do with th baby my mind is constantly on th rabbit because since joining here iv been made to feel as if im not treating her ryt. it costs money 4 these huge fancy hutches and atm i dont hav alot ov money with baby being due, and i dont hav a huge house where i could giv a room up just 4 the rabbit. and couldnt let her free range as i hav two small children and th rabbit chews alot. so im trying to improvise and do the best i can, and would appreciate it if u would not make me feel lyk im being cruel to her

*lily* wasn't accusing you, she was just saying. Many don't realise how big a space they need. It's good that you are concerned about it. :thumb:

I didn't assume anything, I said "if", that is the relevant word here! And where did I make you feel "lyk" you were being cruel to her? Please clarify.
i wasnt being rude, its just u didnt ask if i was havin a pen attached, you sounded lyk u were persuming i wasnt. i know just a crate wud b too small as i hav been told.
There is really no need to be so rude to me :evil:
and u made me feel lyk i was being cruel by thinkin i wud just use a crate. i dnt wanna argue i came on here 4 advice

and u made me feel lyk i was being cruel by thinkin i wud just use a crate. i dnt wanna argue i came on here 4 advice

I don't want to be mean and I'm not saying this in a derogatory fashion but I think you're being too defensive. Lily just wanted to make sure you knew. She didn't know that you knew how much space bunnies need. She can't read your mind. A lot of people think 'oh small animal, doesn't need much space'. I did before I found this place.

:wave: Hey fellow Geordie! The shop I bought Pyeman at in Hexham sold me there indoor 'rabbit' cage which I bought in desperation just to get him out of the horrid place, when I got home and measure it it was only 3ft long, more like a hamster cage :censored:

:wave: Hey fellow Geordie! The shop I bought Pyeman at in Hexham sold me there indoor 'rabbit' cage which I bought in desperation just to get him out of the horrid place, when I got home and measure it it was only 3ft long, more like a hamster cage :censored:
i know its rediculose i was so upset when i found out mine was too small

Back