• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed - pooing on the floor only at night

dreamz1

Young Bun
Does anyone have any suggestions as to why Domino has started to poo and pee on the floor. When we first picked her up from the rescue (around 18 months ago) they said that she didn’t use a litter tray, but we found that she took to it no problem.

When we are out Dom is kept in the kitchen, with her rug, garden box for straw and litter box (the enclosed type because she kept hanging her bum over the edge). She has access to the dining room when we are home.

Over the last few months overnight she will poo all over her rug, and I mean totally cover it. She has now started to wee on the floor, and sometimes her rug. I know that she is most likely marking her territory, but what I find really strange it that she only does it overnight, not during the day. She still uses her litter tray, but why has she started to do this.

It is causing a bit of tension between me and my man, I willing to try anything and welcome any advice and suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Adele

i'm not sure why she only does it at night. Could you get her a dog crate and keep her in that overnight to keep the poo and wee contained?

Back