• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed please! ESMERELDA IS HERE!

Shall I get Bobby a girlfriend?

• Yes

Votes: 57 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two bunnies are not any more messy than one - and he needs a mate - he will be so much happier and content.
Well, that's what I was thinking... so what's the biggie about getting bun a mate (as in the "chum" sense :shock:)

Might bf be on the verge of asking you to move in with him? And therefore has a reason to want to keep the bun count down?

Well, that's what I was thinking... so what's the biggie about getting bun a mate (as in the "chum" sense :shock:)

Might bf be on the verge of asking you to move in with him? And therefore has a reason to want to keep the bun count down?

He's definitely been outvoted! Well, he did ask what would happen when "we" moved. I said what do you mean "we"?! He just said you never know! That's not goin to happen for a very long time so I told him it wasn't an issue! Ha! :lol:

I have had same problem with my husband but am going ahead with a mate for Cookie at half term. He just doesn't know yet! :D

It absolutely is the right thing to do. It's up to you as he doesn't live with you so go ahead anyway and hopefully once he sees them together, he'll come round. I know what it's like to feel you're upsetting them but in the end, you can't get an animal and not do right by them. And two buns are not double the work...

Tell your bf to keep his nose out out of it :lol:

You have a responsibility now to make sure Cookie is happy. And if that means getting the other rabbit then that means your boyfriend is going to have to deal with it!

Thanks guys, I'm finding it hard to even believe myself that it's the right thing to do now though! He's convinced me that my flat is too small and now I'm so nervous that I'm going to look stupid when the RSPCA come tomorrow :cry:

Picking up Esmerelda tomorrow morning!!

Thank you for all your opinions guys. Very much appreciated. I'm picking up Esmerelda tomorrow but my boyfriend still doesn't know :? Hopefully when he sees them together and realises that they are keeping each other company when we aren't there then he will be ok with it!

Just get them bonded and then when he sees them grooming each other hopefully he should see its a good thing.
also the fact that buns are social animals tell him you feel really bad and sad that he's been on his own :)
We need pics!!!

Good luck with the bonding! Remember sometimes it may take a couple of weeks for them to settle down 100% together, though sometimes it can be love at first sight! Is the girl bun neutered as well?

Just get them bonded and then when he sees them grooming each other hopefully he should see its a good thing.
also the fact that buns are social animals tell him you feel really bad and sad that he's been on his own :)
We need pics!!!

Yes I've tried all that already but he's a stubborn person! I'm more stubborn though which is why I am getting my own way haha! I'll definitely post some pics! I can't wait!!:love::thumb:

Good luck with the bonding! Remember sometimes it may take a couple of weeks for them to settle down 100% together, though sometimes it can be love at first sight! Is the girl bun neutered as well?

Yes they're both neutered so everything is sorted for now. Fingers crossed for love at first sight but I'm prepared for hard work! :lol:

I've got Esmerelda!

I got my girl Esmerelda today!! She is very nervous but definitely a lovely bun! I've started the bonding on the bathroom floor as advised but they can't both stay in the bathroom all night so is it going to be ok to leave her in the bathroom and put Bobby in his cage? I've been told to try to keep them in the same small space together for 48hrs at first but I don't want to leave them unsupervised. Any advise is highly appreciated even if you think you're staying the obvious!

Congrats ! :wave: i would start a new thread in the bonding section if i were you, more people will be able to see that you need bonding advice then. I think i would let her settle in for a couple of days before starting bonding, as she will be pretty scared if she's just arrived. Then ideally you should stay with them for a minimum of 48 hours, preferably longer - that means sleeping in the same room! It's a nuisance and very tiring but well worth it in the end :wave:

Back