• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopting Older Buns - Update: Reserved!

I've just caught this thread, a lovely happy outcome. Christmas has come early foe these two gorgeous bunnies xxx

So I picked the boys up yesterday afternoon and they are settling in beautifully. We woke up to a hard frost this morning so it was so nice knowing that they were in the warm. Here are some pictures of them in their new home:

Bertie (Now sprout):
300qsef.jpg

and Patch:
1y1ngj.jpg

They seem to have a fantastic appetite for hay and are producing lovely, big poops :thumb: The rescue hadn't vaccinated them against RHD2. When I asked why, they replied their vet said it only needed to be done if there were reported cases in the area. They seemed to think there wasn't any, however I am aware of some. Its made me question how 'rabbit savvy' the rescue's vet is. I thought I would take them to my vet next week for an independent health check/vaccs. Do you think this is a good idea? I don't want to cause them undue stress.

I thought about you and this gorgeous pair yesterday and wondered how it all went.
If it were me, yes I would take them for a healthcheck - and particularly for VHD2 vacs.

Last edited:
How lovely that you’ve adopted these two. As some people know, I’ve got an elderly new addition to my household too :love:

I’m afraid I would be questioning how savvy the rescue is, too. When I was trying to get my lot vaccinated I got rebutted by many vets until I found one who knew about how serious it was. They shouldn’t just be taking their vets word for it, especially as it’s now thankfully very well advertised. A simple google would make them realise they should be vaccinating.

I’ve adopted two rescue buns in the last few months and both have been vac’d forVHD2

They look very happy :love: I would definitely get them vaccinated for vhd2 asap, I too would be questioning how rabbit savvy the rescue is.

So I picked the boys up yesterday afternoon and they are settling in beautifully. We woke up to a hard frost this morning so it was so nice knowing that they were in the warm. Here are some pictures of them in their new home:

Bertie (Now sprout):
300qsef.jpg

and Patch:
1y1ngj.jpg

They seem to have a fantastic appetite for hay and are producing lovely, big poops :thumb: The rescue hadn't vaccinated them against RHD2. When I asked why, they replied their vet said it only needed to be done if there were reported cases in the area. They seemed to think there wasn't any, however I am aware of some. Its made me question how 'rabbit savvy' the rescue's vet is. I thought I would take them to my vet next week for an independent health check/vaccs. Do you think this is a good idea? I don't want to cause them undue stress.

It's a good idea, to get the filavac vaccine done asap

Back