• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopted rabbit mum

LP1234

New Kit
Hi my rabbit loving daughter went to university 2 years ago and left her two lovely free roaming rabbits. I can no longer care for them as I travel a lot for work and would love them to go to a good home. I live in north London. Not sure what to do.

Hi my rabbit loving daughter went to university 2 years ago and left her two lovely free roaming rabbits. I can no longer care for them as I travel a lot for work and would love them to go to a good home. I live in north London. Not sure what to do.

Hello

Unfortunately the situation with the huge number of Rabbits having to be rehomed these days means that Rescues are full to bursting and most have long waiting lists for Rabbits needing to be signed over. However, I would still try to contact local Rabbit Rescues and ask them if they are able to put your two Rabbits on their intake waiting list. Are both Rabbits neutered and vaccinated? If not then IMO you need to get these both done prior to signing them over to Rescue. Rescues are self funded and they will only send them on to a new home once neutered and vaccinated.

You could ask local Vets if they are willing to let you put up a poster advertising the Rabbits. Never advertise as ‘free to good home’ if you list them on any online selling sites. Reptile keepers seek live feed by looking on Pet Sale sites for ‘free to good home’ small animals.

I would always want to visit the home of anyone who wanted to take on the two Rabbits. What a person might tell you and send you photos of might not be reality.

This information might be helpful

https://www.saveafluff.co.uk/rehome-rabbit

Thank you so much for taking the time. This is super helpful and scary and I will not give them up to anyone I haven’t visited first.

And yes they are neutered and vaccinated.

Thank you. Laura

Last edited:
Thank you so much for taking the time. This is super helpful and scary and I will not give them up to anyone I haven’t visited first.

And yes they are neutered and vaccinated.

Thank you. Laura

You could also ask one of the moderators on here whether you could post them in the Rabbits in Need section of the forum. There would be a chance then that a forum member would be able to adopt them.

If you did post them in Rabbits in Need, it would be helpful if yhou could post some photos of them together with a full description of their characters.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...post-Rabbits-needing-rehoming-READ-THIS-FIRST

You're welcome to pop a post up in the Rabbits in Need section - Omi has linked to all the info you need to include & one of the mods will check & approve for you.

You can pop them on Rabbit Rehome too. http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/

If you click on the "Rehome my rabbit" option from the menu top left, you'll find some general rehoming advice there as well.

Back