• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Absolutly stunning young English Spot (?) girlie in Bristol

lucyb2797

New Kit
Hi everyone,

I recently adopted a beautiful young rabbit named Primrose (though I've been calling her Yara, meaning butterfly, as to me it suits her more). Unfortunately bonding with my boy Nuri didn't work out, so therefore I'm sadly having to return her to the Bristol ARC (rspca in Bristol).

This girl is absolutly gorgeous, honestly I think the prettiest rabbit I've ever seen, she is white with grey agouti markings in an English spot pattern, which actually form the shape of a butterfly on her back hence the name Yara. She's medium sized (around 2.5-3kg) with beautiful big uppy ears, and is approximately 1 year old.

She's been at the rescue for almost a year now, pretty much her whole life as she was found dumped in a box with her littermates, and the staff there were really concerned about her being depressed before I adopted her. At first when I took her home she was absolutly terrified of all humans but she's really starting to come out of her shell and enjoy human company, even liking being stroked and running up to me when I walk in the room.

She is such a sweet girl, very very very intelligent (took about 3 times to train her to come running to a kissing sound, so if anyone desires a very trainable rabbit then she is your girl!). She's also pretty chilled and has never once been destructive at all, is litter trained and a very good hay eater (a bit too much maybe as the lady at the RSPCA said she's slightly overweight despite being on the minimum amount of pellets). She has no known health conditions and is vaccinated, neutered and microchipped.

She may not be the easiest rabbit to bond but I really want her to find a wonderful home with experienced rabbit owners, and can't bear her being at the RSPCA for another year on her own with very little human interaction. I'm going to be returning her to the RSPCA centre on Saturday so if anyone would like to adopt her they would need to go via the centre, this is their website: https://www.bristolarc.org.uk/

It saddens me so much to let her go as I've really grown to love her a lot, she's such a sweet girl and deserves to finally be happy and find the perfect home with a kind and gentle husbun.

Thank you for reading, I'll tey and figure out how to attach some photos soon!

Lucy

You can see how much you care about Yara. It must be heartbreaking having to return her & absolutely its for all the right reasons . It may have just been a mismatch of personalities, it doesn't necessarily mean future bonds will be difficult. I hope she finds the perfect home. She sounds like a really special girl - my kind of rabbit

Back