• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

absolutely furious Pic added ready for new home

:cry: :cry: Oh that poor bunny :( :( ... So what will happen Elaine your vets will see if he can be treated and brought back to health ?

omg poor bunny!! :shock:
What do you think it is Elaine?? Mites? bites? a burn? Looks very nasty.
I cant believe the PDSA wont treat it :( I hope that the bunny makes a really fast recovery

I am assuming he has been living with another male previously and they have been fighting.

When I take him tomorrow it is mainly to find out what his chances are of a recovery and the best way to go ahead with it,

the only good thing is he is eating and seems happy so I will keep fingers crossed.

I have since had a p/call from the pdsa to say they will keep me supplied with his baytril and will see what the procedure would be if he needed any ops, but I won't hold my breath on that

That's shocking from an organisation that are supposed to care for and treat animals! :twisted:

I really hope this bun gets a second chance at happiness, what a sorry state to be in. I'll be keeping everything crossed that his condition is treatable.

Please keep us updated...

THAT POOR BUNNY :cry:

traceys housebun , scamp was in a similar state when he came to us . ...through being keep with his 2 brothers , and then left in a box to die . :cry:

he had terrible bites that turned into abccessess and he nearly died ....BUT....he did ...after lots of treatment and TLC make a full recovery .

fingers crossed that this little love will do the same .

gentle nose rubs from us all here x

Angie

OMG That is quite honestly the worse state I have yet to see a rabbit in. I cannot believe they just palmed him off on you without attempting to treat him. I would have been appaled if someone brought me a rabbit like that but to come from a VETS is disgraceful. :twisted:

Oh my GOD, poor thing! :cry: :cry:

Bloody PDSA, how appalling, could we get in touch with the local press about it. MEN had something about a lady rescuing hedgehods in not long back...

update::::

Still furious but what can I do, little bun has now been to the vet and they think he has a 75% chance of recovery, he has a bad eye which may have to come out but for the time being they will see how it goes and then if need be he can be operated on later, they have stronghold him and given him a antibiotic injection and now it is see how he recovers

He won't be ready for rehome for months we think

I would send a photograph to the Head Office and ask them why their local branch did not treat. Perhaps the whole organisation would not be happy with the performance of an individual branch.

elaine said:
update::::

Still furious but what can I do, little bun has now been to the vet and they think he has a 75% chance of recovery, he has a bad eye which may have to come out but for the time being they will see how it goes and then if need be he can be operated on later, they have stronghold him and given him a antibiotic injection and now it is see how he recovers

He won't be ready for rehome for months we think

sincerely hope he gets better Elaine, he is one bun that certainly deserves another chance :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just one concern here though, why has the rspca given him stronghold when it is common knowledge amongst vets that it is lethal to buns and that advantage is the only safe flea treatment for rabbits :?: is it worth just taking him to your own vets :wink: not sure anything can be done now except try and wash most of it off :(

have all fingers, toes and paws crossed for this little guy

Oh my word, that poor bunster :(

I absolutely cannot believe that the PDSA wouldn't treat it!!! That is completely out of order!!! :shock:

I'm sorry but they're only supplying him with Baytril??? That's ridiculous...

Definitely agree with writing to their head office....I mean, if the PDSA isn't there to treat animals in need...well, what is it there for? :?:

the stronghold has been on for most of the afternoon so it will have to stay as I am sure it will have soaked in and on the vial it did say rabbits as she double checked will keep you all updated

double checked with my local vet and yes the stronghold is ok as it is used for flystrike and skin conditions so I can breath easy

God that's waful, I definatly would complain to those higher up!

I've had a bad experience with the PDSA before, got in contact about someones cat who kept coming out in sores, they were on benefits and had spent a fortune at the vets and were struggling. were told yes, were entitled to treatment, took the cat to Aberdeen, and when got there were told no take her away again as we were not in their 'catchment' area, living 30miles outside Aberdeen, and there is no closer centre - so basically if uv got a sick pet in need of treatment u can get help as long as u choose to live in a city near a centre........... :censored:

Back