• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A wee bit worried about wee....Updated

.Tim came home having been pronounced fit and well..he'd actually put on some weight. However, Fliss had to stay at the vet because her bladder was empty when we went this morning :)roll:) and the vet said she'd express some later and send it upstairs for analysis. The results came back showing that she has granular casts which are indicative of tubular damage, so I've asked her to do a blood test and also titre levels for ec.

Oh dear poor Fliss I'm not sure what the consequences of that are but sending lots of not too serious vibes your way x

Has anyone any experience of this..treatment etc?

I think you'd need to wait for the Blood test results really :?
It could still be infection/inflammation.

Hopefully you'll find out more once the Vet has the blood results available to work with.

I am playing the waiting game too............... :cry:

Thanks for the post Jane. Emily said she didn't think there was an infection or inflammation as she showed no tenseness around the bladder or kidney areas. However, as you say, the blood test will clarify that. She had hoped that the bloods would be back but she couldn't take the blood until I went to pick Fliss up as she didn't want to go ahead without my sayso because of the cost involved. She'd rung twice.. and left a message but I hadn't checked my phone!! Must have been out in the garden with the other buns, or seeing my friend off when she rang.. The lab is above the surgery so she'd hoped she might have got a rushed job even if it was 4.15 on a Friday!! lol
So we are both doing the Waiting game now, although it's not so bad for me as Fliss is her usual unconcerned self...

Hi Sandra. Vet rang me just before 6 to say that the blood test shows that she has an infection somewhere(??) and her protein levels are raised. but all the other numbers are within the average range . She's starting her on a course of Baytril from tomorrow. Fliss is still her usual bouncy self and her appetite's as voracious as ever, so she obv doesn't seem to be feeling a bit off-colour.

I'm hopeful for Fliss. In humans some infections can damage the renal tubules BUT once the infection is eradicated, the tubules recover completely. I'm so hoping that this holds true for bunnies too.

I'm hopeful for Fliss. In humans some infections can damage the renal tubules BUT once the infection is eradicated, the tubules recover completely. I'm so hoping that this holds true for bunnies too.

Aw, thanks so much for that bit of reassuring info. I'll just give her the meds, keep her happy and hope for the best.:)

HI!:wave: See this smile??:D:D:D The last part of her blood test came back today showing that she has tested NEGATIVE for EC!!! So hopefully the abx will sort her out:):)

Back