• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A tragic day. Rue.

Frankie28

Young Bun
Today my sweet Rue left us. Taken far too soon.
I put the rabbits to bed last night, their usual routine of having their dinner before being shut in for the night. However I must not have closed their aviary door.
I do not know why, I always double check but something must have distracted me. Something I will now forever play over in my mind. My mum went out this morning to hang out the washing with the dogs. Tegen saw Rue. She picked her up. As soon as mum said her name she dropped her but it was too late. There was a small puncture mark on her left side. She slipped away in my mums arms.
I do blame myself. I should have checked the door. I just don't understand why I didn't. I always do.
It always amazes me how when your just so sad, it physically hurts.

Oh no :cry: I'm so sorry. Accidents can happen to any of us, we are only human.

Binky free at the bridge Rue xx

I am so sorry, accidents do happen. I think there are very few owners out there who have not at one time or another forgotten a lock or a door. I left my g. Pigs cage cage open once, thankfully he was ok, I am so sorry Rue was not so lucky :(

Binky free Rue xxx

I'm so sorry :cry:

As others have said, we all make mistakes. Please try not to torture yourself xxx

I'm so, so sorry. This is one of my worst fears. I know this won't mean anything but please try not to blame yourself. Accidents happen and it was just so unfortunate that the dog found her before anybody realised she was out. You don't know what happened or why the door was open and you probably never will find out but there is no use in beating yourself up about it. :(

Binky free Rue. x

Thank you vegan bunny. I just miss her so much already, she was the most affectionate, gentle natured bunny. I keep thinking about how she won't be there in the morning, bouncing over to say hello. I wish so much I could go back to yesterday evening and it would all be different. My poor Rue.

Back