• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A pair of belgian hares for sale middlesex £20.00 preloved pet homes only

:shock: I just read that line... And it almost sounded like a bunny offer... Yes please! :lol:

Don't tempt me... ;)

Here's my Dylan who went to the bridge 3 years ago today :(

3594DA87-6ED2-4961-B70B-EA20DD104134-36827-00000A0A2EB64655_zpse2cd09b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Here's my Dylan who went to the bridge 3 years ago today :(

3594DA87-6ED2-4961-B70B-EA20DD104134-36827-00000A0A2EB64655_zpse2cd09b8.jpg

Ooh my goodness... What a gorgeous bunny... Those ears and his colour... :love::love::love:

So sorry he's at the bridge now... But forever with you.xxx I bet he was a wonderful character. :love::love:

(((Hugs))) for today.

Ooh my goodness... What a gorgeous bunny... Those ears and his colour... :love::love::love:

So sorry he's at the bridge now... But forever with you.xxx I bet he was a wonderful character. :love::love:

(((Hugs))) for today.

He was the softest, daftest bunny ever!

Thank you. :)

my weakness if for wildie lookalikes :love::love::love::love:

I've never had a Belgian hare, but yes would love one at some point

my weakness if for wildie lookalikes :love::love::love::love:

I've never had a Belgian hare, but yes would love one at some point

I like wildie lookalikes too. Watch out for the 'hand reared wildies' coming up for rehoming at barc in the near future ...

I desperately miss having a frenchie around.
We've actually had our eyes out for one for a long time as I was planning on adding a fourth rabbit before Eli died and nothing's come along so I've been looking for breeders. I've found a giant breeder who's fantastic but not been totally happy with anyone this side of the country that breeds frenchies :(

I don't know if it's something you'd consider but there's a fantastic breeder of belgian hares in bath (not too far from you?) where the rabbits are really well cared for. Iirc the woman only homes her hares to places where she has proof of a good sized set up as well. I was seriously tempted as I've always had a soft spot for hares.:love:

ETA: the most disappointing experience for me was when I found the perfect rabbit at the gloucestershire branch of the RSPCA and they told me I was too far away to adopt when it's only a couple of hours away :(

Last edited:
I desperately miss having a frenchie around.
We've actually had our eyes out for one for a long time as I was planning on adding a fourth rabbit before Eli died and nothing's come along so I've been looking for breeders. I've found a giant breeder who's fantastic but not been totally happy with anyone this side of the country that breeds frenchies :(

I don't know if it's something you'd consider but there's a fantastic breeder of belgian hares in bath (not too far from you?) where the rabbits are really well cared for. Iirc the woman only homes her hares to places where she has proof of a good sized set up as well. I was seriously tempted as I've always had a soft spot for hares.:love:

ETA: the most disappointing experience for me was when I found the perfect rabbit at the gloucestershire branch of the RSPCA and they told me I was too far away to adopt when it's only a couple of hours away :(

Yes. She does seem good. Wants the hares back if you ever cant look after them too. Hmm.

The person who is selling these hares is a breeder of hares and rexes and is a member on here.

She says they are 'rescues' in the ad so maybe they've been returned to her or she has got them in from elsewhere. The local garden centre in Staines has had hares in the past that didn't sell and they tried to give them away.

Sometimes breeders sell bunnies lower than their normal price as they aren't suitable for breeding/showing so need the space for new blood lines :-(

I have two hares in the rescue here - black and tan mixed sex couple. Totally smitten with them but I have now chosen not to try and rehome any more as the female, Amelie has liver issues and hasn't been well for some time. Her and husband Kobey are the most wonderful, funny, amusing, intelligent, playful and loving rabbits ever. We adore them and thank every day that they are still here - they came from a dreadful breeder who had supposedly adopted them from their previous owner when she could no longer care for them. They were supposed to be for 'pets' but it became apparent some time down the line that the woman was a breeder. So I, and the prevous owner went and got them back when she tried to sell/give them away on Preloved.

They'd been split up and stuck in disgusting filthy 2ft breeder boxes where they couldn't even stand up properly. Not surprising that they couldn't move around much and were very depressed. And rancid shavings are linked with liver failure so no surprise there then.

Belgian hares are amazing but not the easiest rabbits to care for that's for sure. They have real attitude and eat for England.

The person who is selling these hares is a breeder of hares and rexes and is a member on here.

She says they are 'rescues' in the ad so maybe they've been returned to her or she has got them in from elsewhere. The local garden centre in Staines has had hares in the past that didn't sell and they tried to give them away.

Sometimes breeders sell bunnies lower than their normal price as they aren't suitable for breeding/showing so need the space for new blood lines :-(

I have two hares in the rescue here - black and tan mixed sex couple. Totally smitten with them but I have now chosen not to try and rehome any more as the female, Amelie has liver issues and hasn't been well for some time. Her and husband Kobey are the most wonderful, funny, amusing, intelligent, playful and loving rabbits ever. We adore them and thank every day that they are still here - they came from a dreadful breeder who had supposedly adopted them from their previous owner when she could no longer care for them. They were supposed to be for 'pets' but it became apparent some time down the line that the woman was a breeder. So I, and the prevous owner went and got them back when she tried to sell/give them away on Preloved.

They'd been split up and stuck in disgusting filthy 2ft breeder boxes where they couldn't even stand up properly. Not surprising that they couldn't move around much and were very depressed. And rancid shavings are linked with liver failure so no surprise there then.

Belgian hares are amazing but not the easiest rabbits to care for that's for sure. They have real attitude and eat for England.

That sounds awful :( I think I know who you mean and sadly some of her other buns have had health issues too.

Only just seen this. Luckily I have found a belgian hare x rex with a litter of babies at Cottontails rescue so will be getting mum plus a son.

It is sad that people feel the need to breed when there are sooooo many rescue rabbits out there...

Having said that, I did buy Frosty and Snowflake from our local pet shop - total impulse buys.

i saw the hares in the garden center! :lol:

Back