• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Mischa and Nutmeg update - Done and dusted #27

me too. I dont think I was around when it was done, or I missed it, but I read the whole thing through when I was thinking of getting Barney a friend. Helped a lot.

I'm glad it helped someone! :oops: :thumb:

Oh help!

None of my usual tricks are working with this. Mischa can smell it a mile off, through banana, apple juice and not sure how I'd get it onto bread. Have syringed it into him as I was left with little other option as I'd already had to throw one tablet/banana gunk mixture. But I really can't syringe feed Nutmeg, it's impossible. I can't even get metacam into her through a syringe.

Oh help!

None of my usual tricks are working with this. Mischa can smell it a mile off, through banana, apple juice and not sure how I'd get it onto bread. Have syringed it into him as I was left with little other option as I'd already had to throw one tablet/banana gunk mixture. But I really can't syringe feed Nutmeg, it's impossible. I can't even get metacam into her through a syringe.

I really dont know... I always dilute meds that Barney doesnt like in a large amount of stuff, like a bowl of mushed up pellets, but he is so greedy I dont know if it would work with nutmeg. Jam maybe?

I really dont know... I always dilute meds that Barney doesnt like in a large amount of stuff, like a bowl of mushed up pellets, but he is so greedy I dont know if it would work with nutmeg. Jam maybe?

Even with a hefty piece of nana AND some apple juice Mischa didn't want to know. It does smell foul so I don't blame him! Might go hunt for some jam. Problem is Nutmeg is fussier than Mischa. :(

Pulling my hair out with this, every time I try something I loose a tablet. I'm down to 10 now for two of them for a week. And I still haven't got much more than a tiny mouthful of mush into Nutmeg.

New update:

Been managing to just about get the Marbocyl down them through syringing. It's not been nice for them or me but it seems to have been working as we had a vet appointment today and their chests sound a lot better and once the meds finish today that's it! Nutmeg's chest still sounds 'whistly' but the raspiness has gone. Think that's just how Nutmeg is going to be.

So yay! *grinning face*

Back