• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

Wow thank you, thank you, thank you for all your help and support.

Easy question first - Graciee , Dillon was neutered at 4 months - it went horribly wrong and he ended up with a massive wound, his first ever stasis and months of drugs. Page 4 of http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...-hours-to-castration/page4&highlight=babygrow

Truffpuff = cancer has been checked for, night time isnt really dark for him as I dont shut the blinds for him and there is a street light outside. He wee's in his tray during the day. With regard to Susan, she is housed next to him and they sleep along the side of their houses together. Dillon is super bonded with us (the humans) with his whole day spent in our routine. At the vets he sat in Sheryls room - I did once read a post that a rabbit was too bonded with humans to bond with a rabbit (BARC I think)

Craig1965 - I like your idea = as medical seems to be coming back ziltch I have read your comments with interest. I am not sure about a silent world as Dilly has ear language (rather like sign language) that includes a special ears wide sign that he is very cross (reserved for piles of washing in front of the washing machine and Susan) They are fascinating to try and fathom arent they?

MM - have you please a suggest of another test?

Thank you all again for your support - OH slept downstairs with Dilly last night. He has had his breakfast, thundered around the back of the sofa and done his favourite boxing the door curtain (I am sure if he was allowed he would go out for jess's morning walk with her) then when jess came back from her walk had second breakfast (quarter slice of brown toast)in the kitchen as jess had her meds. (half a slice of toast with marmite and a paracetamol)
Susan is still in bed with her bum on the radiator - she has her quarter slice of toast in bed. Like me she doesnt get up till she has had breakfast.

Last edited:
I can't believe how I've missed this thread about poor Dilly. So sorry that your poor little chap is going through this, and I know how hard it must be not to get answers. I have absolutely no advice, but really hope a solution to his problem will be found soon xx nose rubs Dilly and one for Susan too xxxx

Totally a stab in the dark, but I think you said he smelt odd once. Has he been tested for coccidiosis? Topping up the vibes for him xx

Totally a stab in the dark, but I think you said he smelt odd once. Has he been tested for coccidiosis? Topping up the vibes for him xx

I was thinking along these lines yesterday evening. I *had thought* you had said that when this current problem began, Dilly had in fact had similar symptoms previously and been treated by the vet :? I couldn't find it in this thread though when I read through it again.

I'm not so sure that Coccidiosis could remain this long without it becoming acute, but others I'm sure will be able to confirm this. But what it would show is that possibly Dilly had the symptoms previously i.e. before Susan arrived.

Thinking of you both.

MM - have you please a suggest of another test?

You might have already said but has he had his heart checked? I only ask because Phillip was leaving wet patches everywhere last year, but only at night. It was first thought to be UTIs but after the months of investigation and antibiotics, it turned out to be a symptom of his enlarged heart and the fluid around it.

He didn’t have urine scald like Dilly, and it probably isn’t the same thing as Phillip but perhaps something to consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do hope you get some answers soon. The waiting, not knowing and not being able to help them fully is a horrible feeling which I know well. He is very lucky he has such a wonderful owner looking out for him xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping the blood rests are good news. What an adorable photo. We might be separated, but we still enjoy each other’s company :love:

I am loving the photo. I think that photo says alot. That they are comfortable with each other being there. And whilst they are seperated, they can still hear, smell and see. They seem to be mirroring each other and I can only deduce that is positive. When we were bonding Henry and Lillian, Lillian sort of directed how things went because she would sit very deliberately right next to Henry's indoor cage and wouldn't move. Once she was comfortable with Henry being there, things sort of flowed but it was slow.
And looking at Susan and Dilly there, I would say things are certainly going in the right direction. Both will gain much emotional benefits from this set up and will make them feel more relaxed.
Pleased the urine tests came back negative but obviously stil unsure as to what is making Dilly unwell. Fingers crossed for the blood test results. xx

Thank you for your replies and yes I think Dilly and Susan get some comfort from one another. I have not let them meet without the wire between as I will just carry on this way until Dilly is better. My OH says that the stress of Dilly being ill might make him less inclined to fall out with Susan but until Dillon can tell me what is happening I am not will to risk it.

We have a diagnosis from the blood test = E Cuniculi - they are both at the vets on wednesday - hopefully the incontinence etc will go. I am really happy to have a diagnosis. Dilly is already on Panacur.

We have a diagnosis from the blood test = E Cuniculi - they are both at the vets on wednesday - hopefully the incontinence etc will go. I am really happy to have a diagnosis. Dilly is already on Panacur.

I am really glad you have a diagnosis :)

Is Susan on the Panacur too?

Back