• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

8.1/2 is a Very Good Age!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always sad to see news of rabbits passing, but 8 and a half isn't a bad age for a rabbit to reach. Many rabbits even in the best of hands don't reach anywhere near that.

Binky free bunnies. xx

I'm afraid I agree with those who are more than upset at the post. Perhaps the OP did leave out some info, which may be a good idea to add if so, but from what is written in the first post all I can say is poor, poor rabbits :cry:
Hope you are now at peace.

I think its because the OP said one of them was in fairly good shape and he clearly was exhibiting normal rabbit behaviour! and the other had some rear end weakness which a lot of us are familiar with and know it's not necessarily something that would result in pts?

That's still not solid proof that there was no need to pts and people are still judging on very limited facts. Either way, some of the comments have been worded pretty insensitively.

the vet clearly doesn't what he/she is doing if they say that 8 1/2 is a good age so now they can be PTS'd

That wasn't what the vet said. He agreed that pts was the best option and also commented that 8.5 was a good age. He didn't actually say it was ok to pts because they were a good age.

I'm going to close this now as I can't see it going anywhere else but causing more upset.

OP, I'm very sorry for your losses. Sleep tight Tamsin and Billy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back