• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

47 rabbits need help........

I'll give her a call tommorow evening to see how its going and mention getting the ring no's if poss.

She can't have bred them herself as she only has female belgiums.

Tam

I'm appalled following this thread. Now that someone is on this womans' case, will she still go ahead with the 8th Jan deadline to put them to sleep? Seems a lot of evidence will dissappear there.

I think her saying she would have them pts is probably an idle threat to get us all worked up and ensure they are "gotton rid of" quicker - the cost of having an animal pts is high and I am sure vets wouldn't give the "compassion" discount if the animals were actually healthy/treatable.

However once she realised the cost of having 47+ rabbits actually pts one wonders what she might have done instead if they hadn't been found homes for!

Caz

Bunnyboarding said:
The first message on here was cross-posted on another site & it actually said that the owner was not going to give up the does!

That's what made me question it too.

I think in this case it'd be better off to remove all rabbits & hutches, etc.

I agree Cheryl - is there any way it could be ensured that if she insists on keeping the does that they are spayed?

I feel so sorry for those poor bunnies that have been stuck there getting this treatment from her thank god theres kind people out there like yourselves to get them in to proper homes Give yourselves a big pat on the back

This is indeed enraging stuff. How individuals can get away with treating animals with such little respect is unbelievable.
Is there anything that can be done to the woman??im not planning murder or anything here but I mean legally. I follow the Hayward bunny case in america and anything we can do 'in the style of' that i'd support. Im not suggesting anything silly but does anyone know what has to happen so charges could be brought against her. Realistically someone who can let buns suffer in this way should be banned from keeping bunnies at least i think.

I think the US has better laws :( I'm not sure whether you can present evidence to the police directly here or you have to rely on the rspca to do something.

Tam

emilou said:
This is indeed enraging stuff. How individuals can get away with treating animals with such little respect is unbelievable.
Is there anything that can be done to the woman??im not planning murder or anything here but I mean legally. I follow the Hayward bunny case in america and anything we can do 'in the style of' that i'd support. Im not suggesting anything silly but does anyone know what has to happen so charges could be brought against her. Realistically someone who can let buns suffer in this way should be banned from keeping bunnies at least i think.

I think anybody whos has treated any animal badly no matter what it is should be banned from keeping any animals. if you done that to a human being you would go to prison, so why is it so different when you do it to animals who can't call for help

i agree haffyi, but i did say realistically. In a climate where animals can be mistreated in the appalling manner they are in uk farming industry and it goes without saying in the slaughter houses of gb I dont think the law will ever change in favour of pet animals in the way we all would like.

GB - Nation of Animal Lovers :roll: - It never ceases to amaze does it!

I'm so sorry to hear the plight of these bunnies just when you guys had all rallied round so hard to find some temporary help for them!!

Poor bunsters :cry:

Caz said:
I think her saying she would have them pts is probably an idle threat to get us all worked up and ensure they are "gotton rid of" quicker - the cost of having an animal pts is high and I am sure vets wouldn't give the "compassion" discount if the animals were actually healthy/treatable.

However once she realised the cost of having 47+ rabbits actually pts one wonders what she might have done instead if they hadn't been found homes for!

Caz

I thought this also BUT there are ways of culling without seeing a vet (doesn't cost anything)which does go on more than people realise. :? Lets hope she is not thinking along those lines :roll:

Hang on! Im a little confused here.
So did this woman contact the rescue stating she needed these rabbits rehomed else they will be pts or had she beedn reported? How dare she have the nerve to keep these bunnies in such a bad way and then give a threat that they will be pts if not rehomed! She is just passing on her damage for someone else to sort out. I bet she is some really nutty woman that doesn't actually believe there is anything wrong with the conditions as to which they are kept in. I think maybe the RSPCA should be called in to see the situation and then they could possibly take further action otherwise this will just continue.

Back