• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Shadow and kitten in the garden :)

I never usually post photos but I quite like this one :) It's a shame about the bit of bush on Kitten's face though :(
  2. J

Just found a website for one of the P@H suppliers

:censored::censored::censored::censored: I know I can't post it up on here but I am so angry.. In the process of writing the :censored::censored: a hefty email :evil::evil::evil:
  3. J

Ignore me

Never mind, it's working now :)
  4. J

Anyone want a tube of Panacur? GONE :)

Sorry if this isn't allowed - please remove if it isn't! I have one spare [unopened] syringe of Panacur rabbit as I ordered too much :oops: If anyone wants it you're most welcome to it as I've got a feeling it'll be out of date by the time I do them again next year..
  5. J

Bunny safe flowers for garden?

Has anyone got a fairly comprehensive list of garden flowers/plants that are safe for bunnies? I want to get sowing some seeds to brighten up the garden as it's rather dull! But obviously I want to have things that are not only pretty but would be safe for the buns to munch on either by accident...
  6. J

Moving from indoors to outdoors.. plus what to put in hutch

So I spent Saturday wrestling with some Cuprinol and a 6ft x 4ft happy hutch combo - quite surprised I managed to assemble it between me and a very small manual screwdriver! Anyway.. There hasn't been frost down here for a while, and night time temps are averaging 8 degrees celsius.. is it ok...
  7. J

Do happy hutches/runs need treating?

Exactly what the title says basically - my 6ft x 4ft combo is being delivered tomorrow or Monday, I was just wondering if it will need treating with something or other or if it comes ready treated? If so I know creosote/creosote alternatives aren't good - what is actually safe? Cuprinol? Does it...
  8. J

Still pondering hutch/runs.. what do you think to this one?

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/The-Rabbit-Hutch-Shop/Items/TR62332?sck=19239633 Any feedback? I am so bad at making decisions! Usually I am impulsive but I want something that be good enough for the buns :)
  9. J

Response from RSPCA Brighton RE Bun + Guinea

I'm not sure what to make of it, I don't know enough about piggies really :? Thank you for your email of 16 January concerning rabbits and guinea pigs being homed together. There are very good reasons why, in certain circumstances, we home these animals together, which I will endeavour to...
  10. J

Dust Free Hay :)

I bit the bullet and bought another ginormous bale of DFH [I was paranoid after a few reports of receiving icky hay] but, as ever, it's brilliant :) Lovely and lush and green and of course, passed the bunny taste test :) Woohoo, so pleased!
  11. J

Happy hutches or other combos

Stupid question but are they fox-proof? As in if I got one [looking at the 6ftx2ft hutch with the 6x4 run attached] and had it on paving slabs would it be okay for them to have permenant access to the run? Also do the doors have proper bolts on - I can't really see from the pictures - I know I...
  12. J

Local RSPCA rehoming a rabbit and guniea pig together..

Title says it all.. wtf? Just had a look on Brighton Rspca's rehoming section [ http://www.rspca-brighton.co.uk/re-home.htm ] and they are rehoming a rabbit and guinea together.. isn't this.. a bit... wrong..? :shock:
  13. J

Praise for Hemcore

It's amazing! I decided to try it instead of Megazorb - as I've found Megazorb is really rather dusty and gets up mine [and the rats/meeces] nose. With having a variety of 17 animals in one room it was also starting to whiff a bit and making the whole house smell a bit.. farmy.. despite me spot...
  14. J

My dad found a rabbit last night..

Next to his car when he was leaving his girlfriend's house! From the description it sounds like a french lop. They managed to catch it and it's living in dad's g/f's daughter's spare guinea pig cage for now.. I'm guessing it'll probably be far too small but I'm certain it's better than the poor...
  15. J

Bowie

My not so little old lady rat Bowie [recently known as Wobbles] passed away yesterday. I came home and found her sister, Pirate, cuddled up next to her. She wasn't asleep when she died but she was curled up and didn't look like it was painful. She never really recovered from her most recent...
  16. J

Will she be okay in there for a couple of days?

I've separated Kitten from Shadow as he's been chasing her since I bought this rescue boy back. She's shut in the dog crate at the moment.. I don't mind if I have to go through re-bonding them but do you think she'll be okay in there for a couple of days? I don't want to risk Shadow hurting her...
  17. J

I went to P@H...U/D

And have come back with a rabbit. I *did not* buy him. Basically I went there to pick up some bits for the chinchillas I am picking up tomorrow, as the local pet shops are limited in what they have. I was minding my own business when I heard some shouting.. me being the nosy parker that I was...
  18. J

Thumbs up to the Dust Free Hay people

I guess it's a bit pathetic that this has cheered me up (I've been crying all day, yay).. but I just received my first order from Dust Free Hay. I only got one small sack as I ordered it as an emergency really as I haven't been able to get any decent hay that isn't musty/mouldy/damp recently :(...
  19. J

Signatures

Is there a way that I can 'turn off' people's signatures? Most of them are quite big and, as much as I love seeing pictures of bunnies, I find it quite irritating :?
  20. J

Rex and mini rex

.. what's the size difference? Shadow's abuot 2.4kg and is a rex.. but is he mini? :) Not that I mind what he is I'm just curious!
Back