• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

E.cuniculi questions

Hi, just looking for a little advice :) I have two rabbits, one very suddenly had head-tilt, dizziness (her eyes and head kept moving to the right, she would correct, it would continue etc), and one hind leg not working properly, temporarily either incontinent or just not bothering to move to...
  2. B

Waxy ears - anything I can use at home?

Long story here, but basically one of my two was shaking his head around loads, scratching his ears and got so miserable with it that he stopped eating. When I finally managed to persuade the vets it wasn't his teeth, they treated him with eardrops for mites, he started eating straight away and...
  3. B

Xeno 450 application

My girlie bun, Luuna, has what looks like dandruff and little bugs living in her fur. I have some Xeno to treat her. It says to apply on the back of the neck and down the spine. She can't reach her neck to groom, but she can reach her spine. Won't it hurt her if she ingests it? I'm worried about...
  4. B

Registering at multiple vets?

Is anyone registered at more than one vets? I am very happy with my current vets, but its about 15-20 mins drive from me. Luuna isn't so bad with it, but last time I had Bailey in the car for that time he went all limp and I thought he had died :( It really stresses him out. I have found a much...
  5. B

Head twitch?

Bailey sometimes twitches his head when he is sitting still. Its not like the binky twitch, its very tiny. I'm not sure if he has always done it, I don't think so and Luuna doesn't do it either. I just wanted to know whether it is anything to worry about or what it could be? He is fine otherwise.
  6. B

Anyone used 'Farmway' before?

I was googling for online places to get megazorb and found this one http://www.farmway.co.uk/equine-2/tack-room-stable-24/stable-equipment-40/northern-driers-megazorb-animal-1788.htm Works out at £9 a bag if you buy 3 at a time. Was just wondering if anyone else has used them before? My megazorb...
  7. B

Worming and vaccinating at the same time?

Just like the title asks, can I worm and vaccinate a bunny at the same time? I just started worming Bailey (panacur 9 day) and hes due a vaccination soon. Can they be done at the same time? If not, how long do I need to leave between them? Also, Luuna is on baytril, how long after she finishes...
  8. B

How long is ok for baytril?

I was wondering how long is 'safe' for a bunny to take baytril? Bailey injured Luuna and ripped her skin open on her hip/stomach area. She was cleaned, glued and had metacam and baytril. I gave metacam for 10 days (2 drops once a day), but shes not in pain anymore so I have stopped giving it. I...
  9. B

Hibiscrub toxic?

I have to clean Luuna's wound with hibiscrub once a day. As I understand it, its basically a microbial soap? Shes in a collar at the moment, but I'm taking it off her for short periods so she can wash herself a little. I'm stopping her touching the wound, but will this stuff hurt her if she...
  10. B

Avipro plus

Is this the probiotic that people use? I'm sure its the right name, but it says for reptiles? :? When do you use it? Just when on antibiotics etc? I have a PAH one at the moment, it says to dilute into 200ml, would you only give one bowl like that? Or dilute it into any water you give them? I'm...
  11. B

Dog crates

I need a second home for Luuna, as she and Bailey have had to be permanently separated :cry: I was wondering what the largest size of dog crate was? She is currently in a Nero 4, which I know is not large enough (4' by less than 2'), but she has to be kept quiet so she doesn't hurt her wound...
  12. B

Buying papaya tablets without internet

Does anyone know anywhere in the hampshire area that i could get oxbow papaya tablets? theyre the only thing i need from hay experts and i dont want to pay £4 postage just for that! Alternatively, another website i could get them from which has cheaper postage? Thanks :)
  13. B

Fight ending in vets

Bailey and Luuna are now to be single house bunnies :( They have been bonded for about 3 months or more and have been totally fine. About 3 or 4 days ago they started scrapping a little, mainly fur pulling, couple of tiny scratches, most likely accidents. I split them up last night and put them...
  14. B

Bladder stones in piggies

My friend has three female guinea pigs. One was being treated for suspected cystitis for about a week, then because she wasn't getting any better she had an x ray where they found a bladder stone. She had been trying to pass it, so it was close to coming out and the vet was able to remove it...
  15. B

Things in meadow hay? UD apparently sorrell

Sorry if this is dumb :oops: I've always fed my buns Timothy hay, but I got them a bag of meadow hay from dust free hay to try. I found this in it and wondered what it was and if its ok for them to eat? Theres also a little thing which looks like a teeny pine cone thing in it :? you can see it...
  16. B

Grasses

Well, I got the sample pack of hays from the Hay Experts and figured out which ones the bunnies liked. They loved the Friendship Estates grass, but not the orchard grass. Unfortunately there is nothing else but the grass that I want to get from HE and I'm not paying all that postage just for a...
  17. B

Where to buy medicines online

I would like to buy some fibreplex and also some probiotic online. I know fibreplex is much cheaper online (£10.55 from my vets yesterday, plus they tried to sell me a slightly different beef flavoured one?! I told them it was for a rabbit! :shock: :roll:) and I don't want to get probiotic from...
  18. B

Funny tummy - what could it be?

Yesterday Bailey refused food (which usually means he is going into stasis), so I felt his tummy which seemed fine (no bloating). Ten minutes later he had done some really weird poos, very dark, mishapen and a bit slimey and was munching away again. Hes still eating and drinking this morning...
  19. B

Mites/lice

I've just noticed a rather large number of unwelcome visitors in Bailey's fur whilst I was grooming him. Hes having a moult again and hes ingesting fur :( I checked Luuna and she seems to have even more, but maybe at a different stage in the life cycle? They are like little white grubs with a...
  20. B

Stasis UD dental. Shes ok, eating small amounts!

Think my girlie has stasis :( She refused SS about an hour ago, which never happens. Felt her tummy which didn't feel all that different to normal. Gave it a rub and let her escape again. A few minutes later caught her to give her infacol and I think her tummy felt 'flatter' again as it were...
Back